• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Diagnosed with Cyclothymia - I am lost

M

mumto6

Hiya all - I am completely lost , upset and angry.
I was finally diagnosed with something called Cyclothymia if thats even how you spell it last week.
After seeing many different doctors counsellors they finally came up with a name.
I expected to feel some relief - giving it a name I thought would at least give me an insight. Sadly it has left me angry and confused.
As I am 22 weeks pregnant the consultant psychiatrist has opted not to medicate me until I have the baby - all I wanted to do is scream just give me something anything to stop me feeling this way.
I thought maybe talking to others who can actually understand me it may bring some relief as I am all over

K

Katie84

I would speak to your pdoc again and explain how you are feeling and wanting medication, my pdoc said she can medicate me through out a pregnancy when i decide i want children, keep the pressure on them and i hope everything is ok x

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hiya all - I am completely lost , upset and angry.
I was finally diagnosed with something called Cyclothymia if thats even how you spell it last week.
After seeing many different doctors counsellors they finally came up with a name.
I expected to feel some relief - giving it a name I thought would at least give me an insight. Sadly it has left me angry and confused.
As I am 22 weeks pregnant the consultant psychiatrist has opted not to medicate me until I have the baby - all I wanted to do is scream just give me something anything to stop me feeling this way.
I thought maybe talking to others who can actually understand me it may bring some relief as I am all over
Dont be scared about having this, its defined on the bipola spectrum. As for having drugs i'm on ablifify which has helped my moods swings a heck of a lot.

Its ok to feel the way you do.

M

mumto6

I just seem to be all over the place - one minute I am fine 9 on a high running around being busy doing nothing but fine) Within minutes I can turn into a complete raging lunatic shouting and screaming at anyone for no reason.

I have 5 young children aged 8 months - 18 months 6 years - 7 years and 11 years - it is so so hard to try to do all the things I would normally do with them when at times I think " For god sake will someone just take them away"

I feel guilty all the time - I find myself checking everything I do then checking again and again to make sure I got it right - I am paranoid that someone is gonna say I am not coping and put my kids onto some danger list - I wanna redecorate the whole house one minute the next I am sobbing as I want to move and can not bear to live here.

My partner is really good and has taken on my role as far as the kids go - which of course I end up resenting as I am the one who is normally in control. He has given up work to look after me so god knows what we are going to do for money now we are both out of work.

The list goes on and on .......