• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Diagnosed Psychopath/Sociopath discussion (questions welcome)

A

Alooftech

I told my friend to be cautious with that man, I'm good at sizing people up or of course that's what I'd like to think but people have to see for themselves obviously, and he turned out to be a major stalker. He has a lot of info that she says she never revealed to him. Talk about creep. Now she wants my help....ehhghgh I can do without the drama but I have to act like I care.

K

karl7

this talk about high iq is a bit daft to me....the reason i say that is if iq tests are to be believed then i was more inteeligent asan 18 yr old than i am now at 44.....that is ridiculous.....as i said i may have been much more competent at iq tests when i was 18 and i would do crap at them now (as i dont exercise that part of my brain anymore)...thus was i more intelligent asan 18 yr old.....as if!

jajingna

jajingna

I guess intelligence is not really easy to measure. I reckon people can be both smart and stupid. Like smart people do foolish things all the time. The IQ test should probably be more accurately called "intellectual quotient" but even then it's far from a perfect measurement.

A

Alooftech

Intelligence becomes nothing if you're not able to express it wisely. Most likely the case with why smart people constantly fuck up. Their ability to make logical choices is hopelessly flat.

W

WhySoSerious

I am genuinely intrigued by the level of (apparent) narcissism on this thread. It is quite interesting. Has anyone else noticed this?

W

WhySoSerious

Just the things people are saying. Sadly those that do it are unlikely to be in any way insightful about it.

S

SugarAndRainbows

Hello, I am diagnosed with ASPD *Anti Social Personality Disorder* and score a 37/40 on the PCL-R based on diagnosis from a trained professional. I also display severe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex on an fMRI scan due to head trauma. I am considered "severely psychopathic" according to modern medicine. I am creating this thread to hopefully attract others like me for discussion, and to answer questions from people who are curious about this topic. Feel free to ask anything, I will answer honestly thanks to the anonymity of this forum.
Hello! :D Hope you are still active on this forum and this thread.
I am diagnosed with ASPD and have a lot of psychopathic traits, a nice mix of Factor 1 and Factor 2, as well as strong narcissistic traits. I function pretty well in a work setting and have a career, a wife and a kid as well. I mostly have my behaviour in check now even though I obviously can't do much about the inter-personal stuff. I'm no longer using any drugs and I almost do nothing criminal anymore, at least not stuff that directly hurt anyone.
I'd like to see if you would be willing to share the ways you cope with some of the symptoms, and if you want to DM me I could tell you about how I deal with some of them as well. We might not have the exact same symptoms obviously but here goes :)
  1. How do you cope with the chronic boredom?
  2. I rage, and as far as I understood it not all psychopaths do so this might be something that you do not experience. But if you do, how do you handle the rage part when triggered in a work setting?
I am not a native english speaker so I'll be happy to explain in more detail if anything is unclear. If you have any questions at all related to any of this feel free to DM me. :)

T

TheDarkKnightWithAK

Hello, I am diagnosed with ASPD *Anti Social Personality Disorder* and score a 37/40 on the PCL-R based on diagnosis from a trained professional. I also display severe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex on an fMRI scan due to head trauma. I am considered "severely psychopathic" according to modern medicine. I am creating this thread to hopefully attract others like me for discussion, and to answer questions from people who are curious about this topic. Feel free to ask anything, I will answer honestly thanks to the anonymity of this forum.
What do you do to feel content?, I haven't been to a psychologist but I'm pretty sure I'm a psychopath because I have given all the tests and I match all the conditions as well and I think everyone around me knows that except me so since I was in school even when I used to do bad things like fight with someone or hurt girls by cursing them I never got into trouble and I'm angered by even small things and I'm constantly switching between things to keep myself entertained and now I'm 22 years old and as I'm growing older I'm becoming more self aware and I'm finding it hard to find content in doing anything. I graduated last year and since then I have switched 3 companies for no reason and especially last 6-7 years have been hard for me, It is really hard for me to focus on things there is nothing that makes me feel fulfilled other than hurting others which is usually me lying to myself that the other person is hurt because that's what I have been taught since I was borned.

T

TheDarkKnightWithAK

Hello! :D Hope you are still active on this forum and this thread.
I am diagnosed with ASPD and have a lot of psychopathic traits, a nice mix of Factor 1 and Factor 2, as well as strong narcissistic traits. I function pretty well in a work setting and have a career, a wife and a kid as well. I mostly have my behaviour in check now even though I obviously can't do much about the inter-personal stuff. I'm no longer using any drugs and I almost do nothing criminal anymore, at least not stuff that directly hurt anyone.
I'd like to see if you would be willing to share the ways you cope with some of the symptoms, and if you want to DM me I could tell you about how I deal with some of them as well. We might not have the exact same symptoms obviously but here goes :)
  1. How do you cope with the chronic boredom?
  2. I rage, and as far as I understood it not all psychopaths do so this might be something that you do not experience. But if you do, how do you handle the rage part when triggered in a work setting?
I am not a native english speaker so I'll be happy to explain in more detail if anything is unclear. If you have any questions at all related to any of this feel free to DM me. :)
I rage as well I don't understand what to do I have had dark circles around my eyes since I was 4-5 years old everything is hard for me I have talked about suicide since I was little and I used to yell at my parents to basically kill me fortunately everyone I've met are understanding so I haven't committed any crimes so far but life is a lie for me I don't feel content in doing anything and please don't tell me to get help regarding suicide as I'm pretty sure I won't ever go through it as I'm very selfish.I just want to know how to find content in doing anything for violent people that doesn't hurt others?

T E_90

T E_90

I rage as well I don't understand what to do I have had dark circles around my eyes since I was 4-5 years old everything is hard for me I have talked about suicide since I was little and I used to yell at my parents to basically kill me fortunately everyone I've met are understanding so I haven't committed any crimes so far but life is a lie for me I don't feel content in doing anything and please don't tell me to get help regarding suicide as I'm pretty sure I won't ever go through it as I'm very selfish.I just want to know how to find content in doing anything for violent people that doesn't hurt others?
I know you asked another person for an answer, but I have similar issues with anger.
I often thought about suicide when I was a teenager.
Less now, anger for the human being dominates, I now think it's not me who should die, I never feel guilty about anything, I have dark thoughts just towards others (and some types of people really trigger worse).
I personally find it helps to listen to podcasts of real crimes, documentaries,.. or go to the gym,.. this helps to vent energy and fantasies.
Even trying to let off steam by writing down everything you feel and go through your head can help, I'm not a psychiatrist (plus I have problems that are still under evaluation myself) so I don't know if this could work for you.
For me, sometimes it helps to do that. Hold back my impulse for a while.

T

TheDarkKnightWithAK

I know you asked another person for an answer, but I have similar issues with anger.
I often thought about suicide when I was a teenager.
Less now, anger for the human being dominates, I now think it's not me who should die, I never feel guilty about anything, I have dark thoughts just towards others (and some types of people really trigger worse).
I personally find it helps to listen to podcasts of real crimes, documentaries,.. or go to the gym,.. this helps to vent energy and fantasies.
Even trying to let off steam by writing down everything you feel and go through your head can help, I'm not a psychiatrist (plus I have problems that are still under evaluation myself) so I don't know if this could work for you.
For me, sometimes it helps to do that. Hold back my impulse for a while.

T

TheDarkKnightWithAK

Yes I also find running crime related things in the background often peaceful but I don’t like to do it regularly as I’m afraid I might get bored of that too and I also think that my rage is because of others trying to dominate me and that happens for me regularly as my family knows how I am and they know when I get the urges so they don’t even let me imagine things which is really frustrating, Have you seen any psychiatrists? I’m asking because I want to see one if they can be helpful