• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Diagnosed Psychopath/Sociopath discussion (questions welcome)

Ras

Ras

They're the first two to pop into my mind when I think of something like "high IQ". When your older brother calls you Dahmer jokingly or kids in highschool have said that you resemble a serial killer because you're expressionless and that you don't show sympathy (jokingly they all say) you start to question if they're right or not so you familiarize yourself with them. Speaking for myself anyway.
when you think of high IQ, you think of serial killers first? that is kind of odd but if serial killers spike your interest you should look up Ed Gein. He seems to be one with a very high IQ and was only ever caught because he turned himself in.

You ever been diagnosed with anything? expressionless and not showing sympathy can be matched to a great deal of things besides being a "psychopath/sociopath"..

I dont get the whole questioning if you are or not something because others have joked around saying a few things. thats just me though

jajingna

jajingna

Ed Gein. He seems to be one with a very high IQ
Oh no, he was below average or maybe average. But most I've heard about him say not too bright.

A

Alooftech

when you think of high IQ, you think of serial killers first? that is kind of odd but if serial killers spike your interest you should look up Ed Gein. He seems to be one with a very high IQ and was only ever caught because he turned himself in.

You ever been diagnosed with anything? expressionless and not showing sympathy can be matched to a great deal of things besides being a "psychopath/sociopath"..

I dont get the whole questioning if you are or not something because others have joked around saying a few things. thats just me though
When I think of high IQ, my brain zaps right into when I did research on him and the many times Ive been called him.

I'm sure you wouldn't take the same approach I did. I played into thinking there was something wrong with me growing up which I dont have an issue with now. Ed Gein has never sparked my interest in the slightest nor Albert Fish.

I have not been diagnosed with anything yet so I can only speak of my experiences, and the similarities here.

soul searching

soul searching

Hi Tin Woodman! Do you ever feel a need for love or desire happiness? Have you ever tried to do something nice for someone?

Ras

Ras

When I think of high IQ, my brain zaps right into when I did research on him and the many times Ive been called him.

I'm sure you wouldn't take the same approach I did. I played into thinking there was something wrong with me growing up which I dont have an issue with now. Ed Gein has never sparked my interest in the slightest nor Albert Fish.

I have not been diagnosed with anything yet so I can only speak of my experiences, and the similarities here.
what made you think there was something wrong with you growing up?
fair enough on Ed Gein and Albert Fish

Ras

Ras

Just looking up "ed gein iq" it says 106. He sure was ill though.
fair enough. I think he was intelligent. he most likley would never have been caught and got away with all those murders if he didnt turn himself in and at teh same time he was interacting and discussing the investigations with police at a bar.
he also convinced those at psych hospital to release him after he was in there for killing his grandparents. Maybe he wasnt the most intelligent but still in my mind a very intelligent person

A

Alooftech

fair enough. I think he was intelligent. he most likley would never have been caught and got away with all those murders if he didnt turn himself in and at teh same time he was interacting and discussing the investigations with police at a bar.
he also convinced those at psych hospital to release him after he was in there for killing his grandparents. Maybe he wasnt the most intelligent but still in my mind a very intelligent person
You can have high intelligence and still get lost in foolish pursuits just as you can have average to low intelligence and be able to weigh the pros and cons of a situation better. Gein most likely had a greater intellectual process than most killers who get caught.

To answer your previous question my family, my peers have made me feel that way. But they are them and I am me, no point in comparing now.

Ras

Ras

You can have high intelligence and still get lost in foolish pursuits just as you can have average to low intelligence and be able to weigh the pros and cons of a situation better. Gein most likely had a greater intellectual process than most killers who get caught.

To answer your previous question my family, my peers have made me feel that way. But they are them and I am me, no point in comparing now.
Serial killer wise I think he is one of the more intelligent same with Bundy. Dahmer though i wouldn't consider highly intelligent

jajingna

jajingna

Weird though on that one link it put Dahmer's IQ at 145. Above Bundy's. Whatever though, they were all nuts. Unabomber was a math genius but paranoid schizophrenic they say.

jajingna

jajingna

Nope, Kazinsky and John Nash were genuises, just had illnesses. Nash even won a nobel prize.