• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Diagnosed Psychopath/Sociopath discussion (questions welcome)

A

Alooftech

This is interesting. I've tried many times but cannot feel an instinctive connection with people. I enjoy life but do become anxious when I sense that people will make life more difficult than it needs to be for me. I'm fairly vain and prior to now was fit. Due to an unforeseen circumstance I'm not as toned still quite attractive in nature.

I have a difficult time trying to understand or comprehend how irrational NT's are on a constant basis creating one emotion to feel like 5. I see NT's for what they are, stuck with little special qualities about them. I am judgemental, highly in tune with most things going on around me, without much of a care about them if I sense they won't provide me with some sort of stimulation. Aware that my IQ isn't in let's say Dahmer or Bundy's range but I like where I stand with these traits. I'm not around like minded individuals ever and my brain was happily breakdancing when it started to evolve but to wanna change that...what for?

Ras

Ras

This is interesting. I've tried many times but cannot feel an instinctive connection with people. I enjoy life but do become anxious when I sense that people will make life more difficult than it needs to be for me. I'm fairly vain and prior to now was fit. Due to an unforeseen circumstance I'm not as toned still quite attractive in nature.

I have a difficult time trying to understand or comprehend how irrational NT's are on a constant basis creating one emotion to feel like 5. I see NT's for what they are, stuck with little special qualities about them. I am judgemental, highly in tune with most things going on around me, without much of a care about them if I sense they won't provide me with some sort of stimulation. Aware that my IQ isn't in let's say Dahmer or Bundy's range but I like where I stand with these traits. I'm not around like minded individuals ever and my brain was happily breakdancing when it started to evolve but to wanna change that...what for?
what are "Nt's"?

You bring up Dahmer and Bundy and compare yourself to them IQ wise, why?

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah, there's neurodiversity and neurominority too

Sea_Green

Sea_Green

I've only seen neurodiverse relating to things like autism and ADHD before but I looked it up and now it seems people have also included bipolarity and antisocial personality disorder among other things.

jajingna

jajingna

Well, humans are diverse, I figure neurodiversity just refers to the fact that we're not all wired the same.

Sea_Green

Sea_Green

Never heard of neurominority before so I looked that up and it's a specific group of neurodiverse people who tend to be treated with prejudice. Neurotypical is, of course, people who aren't neurodiverse. I think neurodiverse came to be as a convenient way to describe a few related developmental "conditions".

A

Alooftech

im not even going to look up what those are
They're the first two to pop into my mind when I think of something like "high IQ". When your older brother calls you Dahmer jokingly or kids in highschool have said that you resemble a serial killer because you're expressionless and that you don't show sympathy (jokingly they all say) you start to question if they're right or not so you familiarize yourself with them. Speaking for myself anyway.

Z

Zoe1

thats interesting . Like you might have some feelings inside
that people can't see

jajingna

jajingna

I don't recall Dahmer being considered particularly bright at all. I liked the movie My Friend Dahmer, based on a graphic novel written by a classmate/pal, though Dahmer didn't really have friends, mainly about his high school years. He was just a weirdo, not a smart kid. Average intelligence maybe.

A

Alooftech

I don't recall Dahmer being considered particularly bright at all. I liked the movie My Friend Dahmer, based on a graphic novel written by a classmate/pal, though Dahmer didn't really have friends, mainly about his high school years. He was just a weirdo, not a smart kid. Average intelligence maybe.
Those tests are pointless. Intelligence has nothing to do with being rational; something he clearly wasn't. I didn't like the movie, thought it was cheesy they could of done better.