• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Diagnosed Psychopath/Sociopath discussion (questions welcome)

Tin Woodman

Tin Woodman

You said that you don’t have children for obvious reason. I’m sorry for my ignorance, but why so?
My wife and I decided not to have children because we both have weak genetic lines. Cancer and mental illness run rampant on both sides of the family. We don't believe that reproducing would have a positive effect on humanity.

Tin Woodman

Tin Woodman

that sounds really positive
maybe you could get stimulation from risk sports
I have done this for a few years now
and its a great help with my self destructive feelings

:grouphug: 🎼 :)
You just seem like a really positive person and I appreciate and admire it. People like you make the world a better place and I thank you for it.

B

Black Despondency

Thank you, you helped illustrate what I can not and I appreciate it.

I am very curious about your anxiety, and how it affects your life. Do you feel burn out often? Do you notice a pattern in any way and how does this effect your decision making?
I have a large list of mental issues that make how I respond to situations rather variable and I've been on several different medications over the years. The severity of my problems hinges heavily on sleep. I have atypical depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, developmental coordination disorder, attention deficit disorder, suicidal Ideation since I was around four, I was molested when I was very young and I have the short term memory of a senior citizen. Plus some other reasons I'm emotionally and psychologically messed up.

• In full fight mode I'm probably basically a psychopath.
  • When I go into fight mode my memory becomes hazy, physical, and some visual memories exist but most get forgotten.
  • My strength became fairly absurd most of my muscles are twitch muscles, and I can function until I run out of blood oxygen and go into shock.
  • I have no fear I can remember anyways
  • I haven't experienced any physical pain in fight mode yet, it probably wouldn't do anything.
  • My peirce offering is leave or I will ripout your eyes.
  • I have also become giddy with excitement sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tin Woodman

Tin Woodman

I have a large list of mental issues that make how I respond to situations rather variable and I've been on several different medications over the years. The severity of my problems hinges heavily on sleep. I have atypical depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, developmental coordination disorder, attention deficit disorder, suicidal Ideation since I was around four, I was molested when I was very young and I have the short term memory of a senior citizen. Plus some other reasons I'm emotionally and psychologically messed up.

• In full fight mode I'm probably basically a psychopath.
  • When I go into fight mode my memory becomes hazy, physical, and some visual memories exist but most get forgotten.
  • My strength became fairly absurd most of my muscles are twitch muscles, and I can function until I run out of blood oxygen and go into shock.
  • I have no fear I can remember anyways
  • I haven't experienced any physical pain in fight mode yet, it probably wouldn't do anything.
  • My peirce offering is leave or I will ripout your eyes.
  • I have also become giddy with excitement sometimes.
I am afraid I can not relate to your situation. This is completely outside my realm of understanding.

S

shirley u gessed

Memory of a senior citizen? Yikes. If only I had that, as a senior citizen.
I am curious why you lead with the psychopath diagnosis when you have so many other issues.
As far as the molestation, do you think that contributed to all of your issues?
You must really be in control to be "successful" at work and have so many other issues that often result in the inability to get along with others and keep a job. I would think problems with anxiety, short term memory, etc would make the workplace more difficult, so could you share how you cope?
Also one of the "benefits" of being a psychopath (the successful ones) is the ability to charm others so do you feel you charm others? You mentioned being manipulative and I am curious if that includes "charming" those you to comply with your agenda.
As far as not feeling pain in a fight, not uncommon. I remember one assault, me on the ground, the other on top of me punching me repeatedly in the face and I was feeling nothing physically, but thinking "oh shit, she is going to break my nose", at which point I tried to "do some damage".
About going into shock after a violent episode, do you mean that in the medical sense?

Dark_Phoenix74

Dark_Phoenix74

I was diagnosed with ASPD at age 18 and still find it hard to understand the emotional states of people. Someone acting and the real thing are the same to me. I also find it hard to understand why people take "offense" by stuff I say. It's a control tactic most of the time I believe but I get a lot of "that was an inappropriate thing to say/do" all the time. I see nothing wrong with what I say but I'm constantly accused of being insensitive. And these wouldn't be the usual Karens enjoying some BS power trip, this would be people supposedly helping me be more "pro-social". Like I said, I find it hard to tell the difference between real emotions and an act. And I'm not talking obvious manipulation and that transparent as hell gas-lighting people do all the time. Like I even get comments online deleted all the time and I've no idea why. I don't really care to be honest but it's a pain when you're trying to get stuff done and someone goes off crying. Can you relate to any of that?

Dark_Phoenix74

Dark_Phoenix74

I was diagnosed with ASPD at age 18 and still find it hard to understand the emotional states of people. Someone acting and the real thing are the same to me. I also find it hard to understand why people take "offense" by stuff I say. It's a control tactic most of the time I believe but I get a lot of "that was an inappropriate thing to say/do" all the time. I see nothing wrong with what I say but I'm constantly accused of being insensitive. And these wouldn't be the usual Karens enjoying some BS power trip, this would be people supposedly helping me be more "pro-social". Like I said, I find it hard to tell the difference between real emotions and an act. And I'm not talking obvious manipulation and that transparent as hell gas-lighting people do all the time. Like I even get comments online deleted all the time and I've no idea why. I don't really care to be honest but it's a pain when you're trying to get stuff done and someone goes off crying. Can you relate to any of that?
maybe I should make a new thread, post, whatever asking about this? feedback appreciated.

K

karl7

Hello, I am diagnosed with ASPD *Anti Social Personality Disorder* and score a 37/40 on the PCL-R based on diagnosis from a trained professional. I also display severe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex on an fMRI scan due to head trauma. I am considered "severely psychopathic" according to modern medicine. I am creating this thread to hopefully attract others like me for discussion, and to answer questions from people who are curious about this topic. Feel free to ask anything, I will answer honestly thanks to the anonymity of this forum.
having only read your first opening post in this thread, it would seem that you are enlightened about your illness and give the impression that you care (in the sense that you are reflecting on your behaviour and self) but is that not a contradiction of what an anti social persoanlity disorder is

Tin Woodman

Tin Woodman

Memory of a senior citizen? Yikes. If only I had that, as a senior citizen.
I am curious why you lead with the psychopath diagnosis when you have so many other issues.
As far as the molestation, do you think that contributed to all of your issues?
You must really be in control to be "successful" at work and have so many other issues that often result in the inability to get along with others and keep a job. I would think problems with anxiety, short term memory, etc would make the workplace more difficult, so could you share how you cope?
Also one of the "benefits" of being a psychopath (the successful ones) is the ability to charm others so do you feel you charm others? You mentioned being manipulative and I am curious if that includes "charming" those you to comply with your agenda.
As far as not feeling pain in a fight, not uncommon. I remember one assault, me on the ground, the other on top of me punching me repeatedly in the face and I was feeling nothing physically, but thinking "oh shit, she is going to break my nose", at which point I tried to "do some damage".
About going into shock after a violent episode, do you mean that in the medical sense?
I never would want to insult you in any way. I apologize sincerely for any harm I have caused you. I am indeed a psychopath. I have done things you could never forgive. I do not feel anything, ever. I can charm people into doing anything I want. And I do this every day, to a great extent.

Tin Woodman

Tin Woodman

DM me if you want to embrace strength.

Dy7anr72

Dy7anr72

Hello, I am diagnosed with ASPD *Anti Social Personality Disorder* and score a 37/40 on the PCL-R based on diagnosis from a trained professional. I also display severe damage to the orbitofrontal cortex on an fMRI scan due to head trauma. I am considered "severely psychopathic" according to modern medicine. I am creating this thread to hopefully attract others like me for discussion, and to answer questions from people who are curious about this topic. Feel free to ask anything, I will answer honestly thanks to the anonymity of this forum.
Hey man. I was wondering if you could offer any opinions/advice on my situation here, my brother scored a 39/40 on the PCL-R a few years ago. Excuse the post being long, but the information is very important. I do love him and want the best for him and his girlfriend, but I don’t understand what his intentions are with her or why she’s with him despite knowing about his disorder plus how he’s clearly emotionally and mentally abusing her.

W

WhySoSerious

Was the ASPD diagnosis primarily driven by the head trauma? I am wondering if it is a neurological problem related to brain damage or not?

Thanks for the thread btw

J

Jules5

Hi Tin Woodman I am curious have you ever hurt or killed an animal? YOU HAVE SUCH CLARITY OF MIND. I enjoy reading your post. Has an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances caused you to to realize this anti social psychopathic behavior?