• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Diagnosed Psychopath/Sociopath discussion (questions welcome)

ATARI

ATARI

Hmm. . .

Label's. Weak?. Strong?. Indifferent?.
What's The Useless Point?. To Read Pages Of Static?.

Opinion's?. Branding?. Meaningless?. Endlessly Without?.

I Dunno. I'm Running Out Of Question's. It's Good To Feel Like A Human Being.

Stay Thirsty Friend's. . .:coffee:

P

Posey

I didn't think you were a spectator at all, from how you write I can see that there's a lot that troubled you.

I think your therapist was trying to compliment you on the strength of character you show by not falling into these common things.
Or maybe you believe that if you don't smoke or drink, fight or whatever, it means you don't really suffer?
Many pains are sometimes held inside for a long time, and are not necessarily understood, or show themselves in vices and various compulsions.
Sadness, anger, insecurities.. comes in many forms and acts, like everything else.

Wish you luck to find answers
Thank you. No I am suffering. People have crushed my soul to the point that I will relish in the Karma that will hit them. You do show kindness whether you mean it or not. No matter what is behind it, it helps me. (Hug)

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

What psychologists call memory suppression ... I think the part of the brain responsible for memories is formed later. Initially, there is no network (so I read, there was something specific why there are no memories of the first 4-7 years). I don't really believe in stress-induced amnesia. I have underestimated the impact of various events. Anyway. I have no idea how to help you. Especially when you don't share details.

Ah...well, I definitely have memories since way before age 7. And before age 4. The general and longstanding "rule" is that a child's brain / personality is shaped a huge amount by the time they are 7, and it's more difficult to change things after that.

I can personally vouch for "stress-induced amnesia". I prefer to call it trauma. After some very traumatic events in my life (including just 3-4 years ago, in my late 30s), I had absolutely no recollection of things immediately following the trauma, or for the next few days. It took me 6 months to even realise I had blocked it all out. I have no idea how I got home or what I did afterwards. I still don't.

In more extreme cases, it can also be called dissociation. You "check out" completely in your mind due to the trauma, so you later have no idea what happened during that time. You can't remember what you weren't able to experience.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Stevie, I have been there. They are very, very abusive in the hospitals...state run. * I am not talking about private owned coming out of your own pocket.* They just pump you up on meds, even if it means holding you down. There was zero therapy. The irony, We all helped each other to get through it. I have depression, but I was in the hospital with schizophrenic, depressed, and homicidel people, you name it. We were actually the most supportive of each other. Ask each other questions or helping others that they hopped up on drugs so much that they were twitching. Yes, I have a colorful life.

Hey Toto, are you replying to me? If so know, then I'll give you more.

Oh my goodness. That sounds appalling!!!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I believe my biological father might have these tendencies, but was never diagnosed. He should be in prison. Do any of you have children or your own families? Does it make a difference on how you act toward them? Do you even care? I have cut my bio father off. I don't trust anybody because if him. Plus, growing up hard knocks and all. Whatever your answers are won't bother me. Life is what it is. Just trying to get insight. Thanks ahead if time.

Ugh, I forgot to respond to this question! I never wanted kids so never had them. I'm 43 and that's never changed even in the slightest. The only maternal instincts I have are towards animals. I adore all animals, have loved my pets unconditionally and been extremely bonded, I have enormous empathy for them and have since I was 3 years old, and am an excellent "mother" to my furbabies. I have infinite patience whereas with almost all people...no. lol.

T

toto

Това е тъжна и трудна ситуация, съжалявам.
Понякога се чудя дали съм като баща си.
Аз лично нямам собствено семейство, нито деца и затова не бих знаел, но съм сигурен, че някой тук ще може да ти помогне.
Представям си, че ще се грижа за детето като всички останали, просто не знам дали привързаността и реакциите ми биха били правилни, адекватни.

Честно казано, никога не съм се интересувал от това, нито съм мислил за това, плюс бих се съмнявал, че детето един ден ще стане като мен, правейки същите неща.
Но прочетох други, които много обичат децата/семействата си, мисля, че зависи много от произхода и личността на всеки един.
Много е трудно да разбереш какво всъщност може да мисли баща ти, но се надявам, че можеш да направиш избора, който те кара да се чувстваш по-добре в бъдеще.

I think I confused the user. I was talking about TE-90. What's the matter with you? Because of the English and complicated usernames, I seem to confuse the stories. I am schizoaffective and have been in remission for 1 year. I don't take pills. I did psychoanalysis and changed myself a lot. Someone wrote somewhere that there is no therapy in psychiatry. And only the sick are supported and helped. That's how it was🙂

T

toto

Ах...е, определено имам спомени много преди 7-годишна възраст. И преди 4-годишна възраст. Общото и дългогодишно „правило“ е, че мозъкът/личността на детето се оформя много до 7-годишна възраст и това е повече трудно се променят нещата след това.

Аз лично мога да гарантирам за "амнезия, предизвикана от стрес". Предпочитам да го нарека травма. След някои много травмиращи събития в живота ми (включително само преди 3-4 години, в края на 30-те ми години), нямах абсолютно никакви спомени за нещата веднага след травмата или през следващите няколко дни. Отне ми 6 месеца дори да разбера, че съм блокирал всичко. Нямам представа как се прибрах вкъщи или какво направих след това. все още не го правя.

In more extreme cases, it can also be called dissociation. You "check out" completely in your mind due to the trauma, so you later have no idea what happened during that time. You can't remember what you weren't able to experience.
You may not remember the incident itself because you were unconscious? What exactly do the others tell you you can't remember? If someone hit you, it's not impossible. But it's so stressful ... I don't know. Another thing occurred to me. In the treatment of panic attacks, a secondary benefit is sought from their presence. For me, this is common to all mental illnesses. What do you get from the symptoms. In my case, for example, everyone leaves me to rest. This is my way of announcing that I can't stand it.

T

toto

Again, in a separate post to emphasize that finding a benefit from the condition / symptom gives you the opportunity to understand yourself and look for another way to behave.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

You may not remember the incident itself because you were unconscious? What exactly do the others tell you you can't remember? If someone hit you, it's not impossible. But it's so stressful ... I don't know. Another thing occurred to me. In the treatment of panic attacks, a secondary benefit is sought from their presence. For me, this is common to all mental illnesses. What do you get from the symptoms. In my case, for example, everyone leaves me to rest. This is my way of announcing that I can't stand it.

May I ask which of my posts you're quoting here? I can't tell as my post has been translated into another language.

Is it about when I hit my head, or when I had no memory after traumatic events?

T

toto

I'm sorry. Because I have automatic translation, it happens sometimes. Amnesia after stroke-yes. But not just under stress. I explain the first with a hematoma, pressing the part responsible for the memories. As far as stress you forget ... I can't believe it.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm sorry. Because I have automatic translation, it happens sometimes. Amnesia after stroke-yes. But not just under stress. I explain the first with a hematoma, pressing the part responsible for the memories. As far as stress you forget ... I can't believe it.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

I didn't have any amnesia after I hit my head. I just thought it was a dream for a long time because I was concussed.

I can guarantee that intense trauma DOES cause periods of memory loss. If you look up Dissociation, Dissociative Identity Disorder, or Dissociative Fugue, and PTSD memory loss, there will be a lot of information about it.

T

toto

In fact, I started reading this topic with the idea of getting a little psychopathy, because I came to the conclusion that I can only stay at work this way. And also because I have a problem with emotions, if I understand how you are less emotional, then I will be completely healed. 😁 In fact, my psychologist had said that psychopaths are normal people, they are aware of their psychopathy. Reading your description ... that I meet psychopaths every day and I have something psychopathic in me.

T

toto

I read about psychopathy. Absolute nonsense. It is foolish to be given such a diagnosis. It turned out that many people had psychopathic traits. As far as empathy ... for me, anyone who reacts initially grieves that he himself may be hurt. Lack of empathy is a defense mechanism. For me, it's even healthy. In fact, psychopathy is a problem for others. And also a problem is if a psychopath falls for a psychopath. Then wars happen.

T E_90

T E_90

What psychologists call memory suppression ... I think the part of the brain responsible for memories is formed later. Initially, there is no network (so I read, there was something specific why there are no memories of the first 4-7 years). I don't really believe in stress-induced amnesia. I have underestimated the impact of various events. Anyway. I have no idea how to help you. Especially when you don't share details.
yah...I was told this by the psychiatrist too, memory suppression..but I don't think that's my case. According to him I've "forgotten" abuses in the house or other, even changing the aforementioned memories with more pleasant ones.
But most of all why the fu*k they always have to bring out the mother all the time.
I know it can happen but I don't think that's my case, I'm pretty sure it's not.