• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Diagnose Me Please?

M

MyWorstNightmare

Diagnose Me Please? Or Please Try
May trigger? maybe?

Well for about a year and a half i have been self-harming..
i feel depressed alot
i have suicidal thoughts.. sometimes it feels so much easier to get away altogether
i sometimes could eat for england .. but othertimes i dont eat at all
im tired all the time .. even if i sleep from 10.30pm till 11.30am
sometimes im sad for no reason..
sometimes im excited for no reason..
i have bad luck with friends because i get moody, stressy, depressed, angry, irratable
i cant talk to my dad without getting angry .. the only reason i kno why is cause he cant know about my self-harming because otherwise .. well he'd hate me
im verry verry irratable.. even at the slightest thing..
i feel like no one cares..
i hate myself, my look, my personality,, just me in general..
i feel lost
i have ezema on my legs and hands,, its getting worse
sometimes i cant sleep,, sometimes i sleep too much
somtimes i wake up every two hours ect
i have my feelings set sooo much on this one guy and i know its stupid concidering how young i am but i cant help it
i try to help my friends but they dont help me ..
i feel useless, invisible, out of place, non existant
i feel the world would be better without me
someone is always better than me at everything
people say im tallented in dance.. but theres always this anoying girl in my school who takes the spotlight so people forget about me..
a girl made one of my bf's cheat on me .. they nearly had sex
i feel skanky, unwanted, dirty, mean ect
and i got kicked out of a mental health forum for being too young:mad: .. so i feel like s*** .. i was there looking for help that im in desperate need of... but they kick me out :(

Diagnose Me Please?

A

Apotheosis

Hi & :welcome: to the Forum,

What has you GP said? Or psychiatrist?

We can't give a diagnosis on the basis of one post - or any number of posts. Nor could we if we were medical professionals; over the internet.

It may help to separate out these things you are suffering with - how much is adolescence? How much is physical, how much is normal reactions to certain life situations, inter-personal relationships, stresses, pressures, responsibilities, social circumstances, etc?. & how much is a psychological problem?

M

MyWorstNightmare

I haven't been to a doctor or anyone for that matter. My parents don't quite understand.
I'm just looking for a rough idea to help me really..

A

Apotheosis

I haven't been to a doctor or anyone for that matter. My parents don't quite understand.
I'm just looking for a rough idea to help me really..
Unless people have been through similar - then they will have a very difficult time understanding. But don't you think it wise to go to your Doctor with all this? It isn't likely to just go away; whatever advice people give - you still need to address all these things that are problems for you.

An explanation can help - but it doesn't do much without a way of addressing the problem(s). I could be run over by car - knowing I have been run over by a car will make little difference to getting better. There is also a lot of debate with psychiatric diagnosis; & different understandings of what may be at cause - if what you are angling for is a label.

Last edited:
M

MyWorstNightmare

I dont know how id tell my parents tho

cause my mum knows ive s.h before but she doesn't know i still do

she got angry and thought i was trying to fit in (i wasn't)

:confused:

A

Apotheosis

I dont know how id tell my parents tho

cause my mum knows ive s.h before but she doesn't know i still do

she got angry and thought i was trying to fit in (i wasn't)

:confused:
Usually the people very close to us - especially our family do have a very hard time understanding. Those that care about us don't want to see us hurt or upset. Personally I think that there is also an aspect of cause lying within certain relationships & social circumstances - this is in no way to lay blame. Very often there is a lot of denial, & not wanting to address or talk about certain issues within the family dynamic.

I am very close to my family - I can't talk with them that openly about the MH 'stuff', without them getting either very upset or angry.

It is usually better to try to find the 'real life' support & help from others less 'involved' with us. The first point of call should really be the GP.

M

MyWorstNightmare

Okay so how could i go to a GP?
like if i didn't want to involve my parents?

A

Apotheosis

Okay so how could i go to a GP?
like if i didn't want to involve my parents?
How old are you? Are you living at home? The GP is confidential. Personally, as a suggestion I would go to your parents with a few of the things on the list - if you are suffering with all that stuff then surely your parents have picked up on some of it? Say you need to see your GP about not sleeping too well, or better still the eczema - then when you see the GP - say you need the conversation to remain confidential, & show him the list you posted here - print it off & give it to them. Say you need help & what do they suggest?

M

MyWorstNightmare

im 14 .. living at home .. my dads out alot and my mum does alot of work. They don't have time to notice anything

Okay

A

Apotheosis

Then simply make an appointment on your own & go see the GP when they aren't there. Or are you saying it's impossible to see the GP???

M

MyWorstNightmare

im not saying its impossible .. it would just be awkward to explain where i was. If i said i was going to a friends my mum would insist on taking me.
So you understand what i mean?

A

Apotheosis

im not saying its impossible .. it would just be awkward to explain where i was. If i said i was going to a friends my mum would insist on taking me.
So you understand what i mean?
Partly. It all depends how serious all this is for you? If asking your parents to see the GP; or making arrangement to see the GP yourself - is more hassle than dealing with your 'problems' - then don't go see the GP - & accept how you are feeling.

I don't mean to sound brash - only ourselves are ultimately responsible for addressing these difficulties - by taking action.

Nothing is going to fall out of the sky at our feet - there is no magic wand.

M

MyWorstNightmare

mhhm its just that im young and i dont know if its just like a growing up depression or wether it will get worse..

cause i mean if i kill myself .. well then im not gona grow up :/

yeah i dont know where im going with this

:oops:

A

Apotheosis

mhhm its just that im young and i dont know if its just like a growing up depression or wether it will get worse..

cause i mean if i kill myself .. well then im not gona grow up :/

yeah i dont know where im going with this

:oops:
Growing up is about taking responsibilities - especially for ourselves. Growing up isn't easy. You have to look at what your options are & make choices.

I don't see what else I can say to help.