• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Diabetes

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I went to the docyor and was told i more than likely have diabtes I will know more Jan 5. I go in for blood tests the 22 or 23.

I feel so sick after eating a lot of sugar or carbs. I have excessive thirst. I'm already prediabetic.

SarahD

SarahD

I am sorry to hear that. Diabetes is a horrible condition to get. I have had it for some years. I remember when I was diagnosed I was upset but not really surprised as it is in my family, and I had some clues and symptoms for some reason I just hadn't recognised.

However once you know for sure you can learn how to control it best, which is important so you can avoid getting complications. Wish you good luck with it. (Hope they are wrong and you haven't got it.)

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you for being the only one to reply :)

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It might be nothing. Type 2 is not so bad - you need to take it seriously, but it might be nothing.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you BT.

I was diagnosed with prediabetes before but with my depression and eating disorder I haven't been following the diet.