Developing a problem?

L

lcooper09

I've been feeling lately that I just don't deserve to eat. I suffer from several mental health issues and my eating habits are becoming rather peculiar. Every time I even think about eating I feel sick and get emotional to the point where I'm now deciding not to eat. The thought of foods makes me want to throw up and I try to eat as healthily as possible. I'm overweight and just feel disgusting in myself. I can't look in the mirror or take my clothes off in front of my partner anymore. I know this obviously isn't normal but I have no idea about what is going on and I am very confused.

M

Mary26

It sounds like you do kind of know what's going on. Your mind is saying I don't deserve to eat and your body is cooperating. What you may not realize is that the shame you're feeling is about more than your physical body. It goes deep and a big part of recovery is about shining the light on what happened to you to make you feel this way. You may want to find a really good therapist before this gets out of control. Hugs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Eating Disorders Forum 1
A Eating Disorders Forum 6