• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Dermatillomania.

• Thread starter Sapphirepenguin9900
  • Start date
S

Sapphirepenguin9900

Hey. You've probably tried a lot of products already but have you tried niacinamide? I'm only on my 2nd day but the reviews are so positive. It's niacinamide with zinc from The Ordinary.
Yep, tried it. Use it everyday no improvement. It’s only 2% though I think. So think I need stronger.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

I am the only lip picker here. I've never known anyone who does that. Lips heal pretty fast and with lip balm on hardly anyone even notices, so I don't get embarrassed, thank God. If you look closely you'll see my lips are mostly made up of scar tissue though.
I can only imagine how difficult it is for you guys. :grouphug:
oh no I do this as well. With my fingers and my teeth. So does my boyfriend.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

oh no I do this as well. With my fingers and my teeth. So does my boyfriend.
Me too. Always when I have a hand free and to the extend that they will bleed. I always go to sleep with painful lips.

I never thought I had ocd-like issues but together with the body dysmorphic disorder I am rethinking that.
Are you guys more familiar with other ocd's?

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

Me too. Always when I have a hand free and to the extend that they will bleed. I always go to sleep with painful lips.

I never thought I had ocd-like issues but together with the body dysmorphic disorder I am rethinking that.
Are you guys more familiar with other ocd's?
Well I’m diagnosed with OCD so always thought it had to do with that.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

The one from The Ordinary is 10%. It may be worth the try, it's pretty cheap.
yeah I’ve been thinking about it, can only get it from Amazon though and it’s out of stock a lot.