dermatillomania

K

kristenkringle

does anyone have any helpful tips on how to stop dermatillomania? sometimes i have this creamy white stuff in my hair that i think might just be a little dandruff or dead skin and i eat it which has literally been giving me ulcers! so i want to try a habit to stop it or at least direct it to a part of my body that needs it more, i guess?

Last edited by a moderator:
R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey!x

Ultimately, you have to want to stop! If you think about stopping, that's good, but you need to put that into practice. Discipline yourself, and actively break the habit - after some time (30 days is what they say!), it will become natural not to do so :)

Much love <3

W

Wildfire

Hey, it may actually be irritated scalp. When I get stressed I notice that my scalp gets very itchy and so have a tendency to pick it, resulting in flakes.

I found using Euricin auto capillar shampoo and the scalp treatment really helped with the itchiness and then the picking.

K

kristenkringle

Hey, it may actually be irritated scalp. When I get stressed I notice that my scalp gets very itchy and so have a tendency to pick it, resulting in flakes.

I found using Euricin auto capillar shampoo and the scalp treatment really helped with the itchiness and then the picking.
thank you! i'll definitely pick this up next time i'm at the store