• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Derealisation symptoms, please help?

V

voyager

I find that I go through life, especially at work, where I switch off and I'm on autopilot most of the time. I feel as though there is no "me" I think that my life has become so crap that I just "switch of" it feels more than depression.

It is as though I have no identity, I'm a mother, a wife, a carer, but no "me" I have no opinions on anything and just live for everyone else. At the moment though, I'm just wanting to hide away in my bed where I sleep, or go into some kind of trance.

It is so scary for me at the moment. I'm scared of going to bed, I really feel as though there's hardly anything of me left. I feel,as though I may disappear altogether. Can anybody please try and make sense of what is going on, or maybe understand what I am going through. This isn't a new thing for me and it's very, very scary.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Life is hard voyager. You need some escape some time to be you from your life. It doesn't sound like your getting that right now. You are constantly having to play a role, worker, mother, wife. You desperately need some me time to just be yourself. Can you go for a drive and get some alone time? You need to get out and spread your wings, I feel you are totally trapped right now.

katya

katya

I find that I go through life, especially at work, where I switch off and I'm on autopilot most of the time. I feel as though there is no "me" I think that my life has become so crap that I just "switch of" it feels more than depression.

It is as though I have no identity, I'm a mother, a wife, a carer, but no "me" I have no opinions on anything and just live for everyone else. At the moment though, I'm just wanting to hide away in my bed where I sleep, or go into some kind of trance.

It is so scary for me at the moment. I'm scared of going to bed, I really feel as though there's hardly anything of me left. I feel,as though I may disappear altogether. Can anybody please try and make sense of what is going on, or maybe understand what I am going through. This isn't a new thing for me and it's very, very scary.
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. It sounds as though you have a lot going on and you have to be many things to many people, and you don't have any time to actually be yourself. It's understandable why you'd be experiencing these symptoms. I've never experienced them myself so I'm not 100% sure what to suggest. Have you spoken to your therapist about this?

Something I would suggest would be to take time out of every day, without fail, to do something for you and you alone. Something you enjoy (or you know you used to enjoy). That might help you regain your sense of self?

Wish you all the best.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I worry about you voyager, more than any other, you need to get out of that relationship.

V

voyager

Thank you for your reply lifetolive and jruth. I think I'm very anxious at the moment and I'm overwhelmed by things. I have these very frightening foreboding feelings. I don't know who I am any more. To be honest I've never known. I feel as though I'm being sucked down a plug hole!

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If there was a person I would run away with, it would be you voyager. We could drive all night listening to stupid songs on the radio and in the morning work it all out.

V

voyager

If there was a person I would run away with, it would be you voyager. We could drive all night listening to stupid songs on the radio and in the morning work it all out.
That sounds so lovely and tempting, I recognise you, I think you had a different name. I'm crying now, it seems you upset me, but in a nice way.

T

Taffy

Dearest voyager xx
I'm sorry to read that things aren't good at all with you. I've taken my meds so not able to write for long before I conk out.
You need a break for sure, you need time for yourself, you need a healing rest. Please know that we here see your kindness, your love for others and your personality. Care about you lots.
Sending hugest hugs and will pm you tomorrow when I can write proper! :hug1:

V

voyager

Thank you, you lovely kind people :hug5: xx
Speak soon Taffy xx
Life2Live, when can you pick me up? ;) xx

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Life2Live, when can you pick me up?
Always and Anytime Voyager just say the when...

[video=vimeo;57846911]https://vimeo.com/57846911[/video]

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Like being in somewhat of a dream world and not remembering things you have been doing or have done?

Yes, I do when I am feeling really bad.

Sorry things are so bad for you at the moment V.

xxx