• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

depression

jax

jax

I had 4 years of almost always being manic or high. It was truly exhausting - but a lot of times - it was fun. This summer, I had difficulty with mixed episodes and depression. I didn't know what hit me as I just didn't have to deal with the depressive side for 4 years. I went into hospital for 3 months and got stable and was discharged end of October.
For the past 4 weeks I have been really struggling with depression again. My insides feel like they are being choked. I am tearful and sad most of the time. I can't get motivated to go out and do anything. I just feel awful. I think it is made worse by the fact that I have been primarily high for the past 4 years. I don't know how to cope with the depressions.

S

skyblue

I had 4 years of almost always being manic or high. It was truly exhausting - but a lot of times - it was fun. This summer, I had difficulty with mixed episodes and depression. I didn't know what hit me as I just didn't have to deal with the depressive side for 4 years. I went into hospital for 3 months and got stable and was discharged end of October.
For the past 4 weeks I have been really struggling with depression again. My insides feel like they are being choked. I am tearful and sad most of the time. I can't get motivated to go out and do anything. I just feel awful. I think it is made worse by the fact that I have been primarily high for the past 4 years. I don't know how to cope with the depressions.

Hi Jax,

How are you feeling today ?

I wish I could give you some answers but when I'm in a depression I too find it extremely hard to cope. Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time and perseverance.

I wonder why the medication your taking has stopped working, they should prevent you from going into a depression. Have you asked your doctor ?

Keep talking here, we'll try and support you throughout.

I hope this passes for you very soon.

Take good care xx:hug:

Dave.P

Dave.P

It's hatefull mate!

Jax, you have my sympathy, It's hatefull to be that sad. That apathetic soggy jumper that feels so heavy, limits you and makes everything feel so distant. Even making a brew feels impossible. Mate, It stinks!
As you said, and I agree. 'It used to be fun', although exhausting!
Sometimes when I'm sad I think of some of the mad things I have done and sometimes it brings a melancholic smile to my tear stained face.
I can't make you feel better but I hope I can make you smile. Look on youtube for an Indian teacher discussing the 'F' word to a class of students. I nearly wet myself.
Keep your chin up.

jax

jax

Thanks Dave and Skyblue,
Thankfully I am feeling grand now. That's the thing - I have a day or two without the depression then 2-7 days with it.
Dave your soggy jumper describes it perfectly. I'll look for that you tube. Thanks for your replies. x x
Jacqui