• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

depression

J

jamesdean

The thing with depression is that people cannot unserstand that it isnt whot we can do in our lifes its the way that we have to deal with everything that we dont view the world has easily has the majority we have to accomadate the depression such has a holiday it doesnt stay @ home n wait for us to come home it comes with us even @ a pop concert its still within us. Hasmuch has we would like itto take a day off it doesnt seemtolike to take time off,it likes to strangle us..........................
Its quite similar to pain its not whot you can do its how severe the pain is doing it and also how much of a pain threshold you have.

A

Apotheosis

Very often mental & emotional pain is worse than physical pain.

J

jamesdean

Sorry I meant to express that I meant to say whichever kind of pain including mental,emotional pain is in it self a killer.

gray

gray

I once tried explaining something to my dad when he was having a go at me for not doing house work.

My problem is in my brain and at the end of the day my brain controls EVERYTHING I do or do not do. So if I have extreme motavational trouble then is it not possible for me to sometimes be considered as paralyzed?

With that in mind, would you have a go at someone who is physically paralyzed for not washing the dishes?

J

jamesdean

Well I'm in between the devil n the deep blue sea because I have both physical and poor mh, though my physical is almost invisable so often I think people think that I'm just being lazy.

gray

gray

That is the problem we face, we don't have something physical for all to see.

Our problem is invisible to the eye. It's almost like religion really, our illness is God and the other people around us choose to believe or not. That is the real issue if people have that sort of "if I can't see it then it doesn't exist" attitude, for some it's just impossible to think any other way.

J

jamesdean

That is very true because even the mh staff have trouble seeing whot we tell them and really they should try to understand that its in visable,and also people think that it goes away eg if you take the medication or you have done something exciting often I think it comes back with a vengence having had a couple or a good day because we are human n myself forget the feeling if I feel elated for a short period which is a little like drink you feel good but then worse the next day. I have almost cut alcohol out ofmy life completely I just have the odd couple of pints once a month

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Any positives from having depression? Depression Forum 20
B Depression in Teenage Boys Depression Forum 1
R Depression since 12 years old Depression Forum 8
B Anxiety and Depression at 21 years old Depression Forum 8
KittyCat92 Does depression affect our judgment? Depression Forum 17
M Do you feel guilt (of your depression) or not ? Depression Forum 21
S Depression pain Depression Forum 10
Capt Hooke New Treatment for Depression Depression Forum 31
K Can someone who was born with depression, drink alcohol at all? Depression Forum 7
KittyCat92 My honest view on high functioning depression Depression Forum 9
K Reading and depression: An ultimatum Depression Forum 2
S Existential depression. Depression Forum 8
K Drugs and Depression Depression Forum 2
K Can't read because of depression Depression Forum 23
O anyone heard of psycotic depression Depression Forum 3
K Depression Crisis and Energy drinks Depression Forum 5
M High functioning depression and anxiety Depression Forum 18
jajingna Magnesium for depression and anxiety? Depression Forum 1
A Retirement Depression Depression Forum 23
D Severe depression? Depression Forum 5
Lucy87x Depression and tiredness Depression Forum 7
Fioletovayalien Cold water swimming to treat depression/anxiety Depression Forum 5
Lucy87x Depression to Happiness using these tips Depression Forum 1
L Chronic Depression Depression Forum 6
Capt Hooke Anyone in the UK treated with Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Depression? Depression Forum 4
Lucy87x Good day with depression Depression Forum 3
S Depression is boring! Depression Forum 18
R It's not working... Depression and anxiety need help Depression Forum 20
S Are people with depression more aware of our mortality? Depression Forum 10
L Depression due to abusive husband Depression Forum 4
D Depression and anger Depression Forum 2
L Acute anxiety & Moderate/Severe Depression Depression Forum 17
2 Anyone have experience with Modafinil for depression? Depression Forum 22
P Comfort in the depression Depression Forum 8
M Keeping the house tidy with depression. Depression Forum 13
D Depression meds Depression Forum 5
DyingAngel Wrong diagnosis of depression. Depression Forum 6
M What are some questions you have when it comes to depression? Depression Forum 3
X Has anyone actually recovered from the emotional numbness part of depression Depression Forum 12
H Too depressed to get help for depression. Ironic no? Depression Forum 32
M Depression Depression Forum 48
MeAndMyDepression Has anyone tried Ritalin for depression? Depression Forum 14
B Depression with mixed features Depression Forum 1
S Can you think of any positives you've gained from your depression? Depression Forum 15
O Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems! Depression Forum 10
H Changing meds and managing depression. Help please Depression Forum 4
A Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 5
D Depression escapism Depression Forum 14
M Is your depression something you see fixable and you know the solution? Depression Forum 49
H Can someone pass away of depression & loneliness? Depression Forum 8