• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression

V

Vegan_veggie

Feeling incredibly depressed and forlorn. Not sure what to do next and how I can make myself happy. I don’t have any real friends only the ones inside my schizophrenic head and that’s not real enough but maybe I’m not well enough to have friends. Someone help.

2Much2Feel

I'm sorry, Vegan_veggie, that you're really in the thick of it. Do you have a decent doctor to help out? It does help to vent here as well, and you'll get some good advice from people who understand the feeling. Anything in particular getting to you right now? Or is the list too long to count, as it is for many of us...

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello Vegan sorry to hear that you are feeling low these days. When was the last time you remember being happy? Do you recall some of the things that made you happy then?

V

Vegan_veggie

I'm sorry, Vegan_veggie, that you're really in the thick of it. Do you have a decent doctor to help out? It does help to vent here as well, and you'll get some good advice from people who understand the feeling. Anything in particular getting to you right now? Or is the list too long to count, as it is for many of us...
I don’t have a decent doctor no maybe if I did then I would be ok. Being forced into counselling doesn’t help. I just want to say F off and leave me alone more than anything else

V

Vegan_veggie

I do
Hello Vegan sorry to hear that you are feeling low these days. When was the last time you remember being happy? Do you recall some of the things that made you happy then?
I don’t have loads of happy memories no. Things like getting pets as a kid for example. Like when I got my puppy and my hamster. They would always be there for me. Not like humans who always let me down. Joined a gym to stay healthy but just gets me down.

2Much2Feel

I don’t have a decent doctor no maybe if I did then I would be ok. Being forced into counselling doesn’t help. I just want to say F off and leave me alone more than anything else
Totally understand. And it can be really hard to find a therapist who is actually helpful. But they are out there. Have you looked into any DBT techniques to help w the intense anger? That rage feeling is awful, can take over everything. I get that. And it seems like other people don't get it when you're in it. Can you at least distract yourself w something funny on TV or something when you're feeling this down? Also, venting here is always welcome. I wish I could help you.

V

Vegan_veggie

Totally understand. And it can be really hard to find a therapist who is actually helpful. But they are out there. Have you looked into any DBT techniques to help w the intense anger? That rage feeling is awful, can take over everything. I get that. And it seems like other people don't get it when you're in it. Can you at least distract yourself w something funny on TV or something when you're feeling this down? Also, venting here is always welcome. I wish I could help you.
Thank you for being so understanding I find laughter helps a lot but often I go overboard and feel bad about laughing. So that’s no good and then I realise if laughing doesn’t hello what on earth does? So I found another forum based on future predictions and this has distracted me but I feel incredibly off kilter since reading it. It’s written as if the future has already happened and ends up that nothing is left just a black hole. I think this triggered my depression from over worrying. You have helped. Thank you.

V

Vegan_veggie

Help not hello. Sometimes I think I can’t wait for my parents to die then all my problems will go away but based on past truths problems gets worse as time goes by and it will only be harder without them. I’m dead.

2Much2Feel

Thank you for being so understanding I find laughter helps a lot but often I go overboard and feel bad about laughing. So that’s no good and then I realise if laughing doesn’t hello what on earth does? So I found another forum based on future predictions and this has distracted me but I feel incredibly off kilter since reading it. It’s written as if the future has already happened and ends up that nothing is left just a black hole. I think this triggered my depression from over worrying. You have helped. Thank you.
Oh, good! Reaching out is the best thing you can do, or at least one of them. You are not alone in how you feel, and there ain't nothing wrong w laughter! We need it, for God's sake. Really hope you can continue to reach out. You have valid feelings and so many people can. relate to this anger. It takes over me at times, I lash out, then feel guilt for lashing out or shame for feeling crazy. It's as if this world is built to try us in every way, and it can be too much at times, which is why reaching out is so important. I find that sometimes just knowing I'm not the only one feeling it and that you needn't feel shame about it can be the biggest help. We're pulling for you.

2Much2Feel

Help not hello. Sometimes I think I can’t wait for my parents to die then all my problems will go away but based on past truths problems gets worse as time goes by and it will only be harder without them. I’m dead.
You're def in a dark spot. Sometimes it can feel more immediately helpful to reach out like here, where you're totally understood and meds aren't thrown at you!

V

Vegan_veggie

You're def in a dark spot. Sometimes it can feel more immediately helpful to reach out like here, where you're totally understood and meds aren't thrown at you!
Thanks for being so kind. Someone on here claiming to be a counsellor and pastor hasn’t been so he put me off posting so I haven’t had any outlet at all for fear of him having a go at me on here.

2Much2Feel

Thanks for being so kind. Someone on here claiming to be a counsellor and pastor hasn’t been so he put me off posting so I haven’t had any outlet at all for fear of him having a go at me on here.
Try to not let one person on here bring you down. I say this, of course, after doing just that the other day. Knocked me right back into bed. Then I got trolled yesterday, was able to brush it off, as there is far more help on here and people who offer useful advice than people bringing you down. I'm learning once again that religion and politics are something I just have to stay away from. Always seems to get tense or nasty, only triggers me. Don't let that person get you down, and if you need to, use the "ignore" button on them :)

V

Vegan_veggie

Try to not let one person on here bring you down. I say this, of course, after doing just that the other day. Knocked me right back into bed. Then I got trolled yesterday, was able to brush it off, as there is far more help on here and people who offer useful advice than people bringing you down. I'm learning once again that religion and politics are something I just have to stay away from. Always seems to get tense or nasty, only triggers me. Don't let that person get you down, and if you need to, use the "ignore" button on them :)
This person even got through the ignore button as if I hadn’t pressed it. So strange.

Karmaman

Karmaman

I've found that my anxiety and depression painted me into a corner where depression is concerned.