• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression

Jewellady5

Jewellady5

I was diagnosed with depression at 18 & now in my 30s, I can say my depression has gotten worse because of lack of support/ unable to go anywhere due to pandemic. I pray everyone who is suffering from this plz plz get help. You're NOT being lazy, you're NOT feeling sorry for yourself, what you are feeling is valid & deserves to be heard 🤗

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Are you seeing a therapist for talk therapy? Are you seeing a psychiatrist for meds? Both most likely will help you, since you say that your depression has gotten worse.

Jewellady5

Jewellady5

Are you seeing a therapist for talk therapy? Are you seeing a psychiatrist for meds? Both most likely will help you, since you say that your depression has gotten worse.
I am. I finally got over my pride & admitted that my depression has gotten worse. So I talk to a psychologist at the VA & have a appointment with another this upcoming Thursday

T

treasurebox

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as often as you need.

Create happy moments because happiness is a choice and you were created to be happy.

What are you good at and what do you want and enjoy doing? Is it cooking, baking, doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled.

Jewellady5

Jewellady5

I LOVE listening to music & I dance as often as I can. I watch youtube videos or I play on my switch

T

treasurebox

That is good. I have learned that One effective way to deal with depression is to help someone. You may volunteer in your community or online. You may coach or teach online. You may even share your wisdom here in our forum.
It feels good to help other people. It gives you life and enthusiasm.

BadWolf10

BadWolf10

Sorry that these times have impacted badly on you. Keep talking, plenty people here to listen.

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Depression is relentless. It can hurt to a point where you just wish the pain would go away, no matter what the consequences. It can make the once most pleasurable experiences become completely and utterly pointless. It numbs the mind, enslaves the senses, it chips away at your sanity. And when you think things can't get any worse it surprises you. One of the darkest afflictions known to men. Every new day, more suffering, another unfair fight. This invisible enemy does not play by any rules. Try and cherish all those moments where you get a chance to breathe. Use these moments to get stronger. Prepare yourself for the darkest moments in which it is difficult to see clearly. For all you know freedom might be just another week away. Please fight until the very end and you might just see the sun rise once again. Take all you can get, and don't despair if the light does not seem as bright as it once did. Be happy it shines at all.