Depression

N

Nicnak

I am a 26 year old female who has no friends, stays at home when not working and like to be alone and not interact with family. I never fee like doing anything like watch tv, read a book etc. What is wrong with me and what advice can you give me?

V

violetmarisa

If you do not have any interests in your spare time how do you occupy yourself when alone?

B

Bogomil

Hi, Nicnak. If you feel like you dont find the joy of life or do not feel like you are enjoying particular things, of your taste, it might be, just might be a form of depresion (please be advised that I am not a professional on mental health, it is just my oppinion related to what I learned until now in life). If you can give more detail about how you feel, maybe other people here can help, as members here are great people, kind and eager to help if they can. Take care of you and write on this forum more, if you feel so. :)

N

Nicnak

When i am not working i sleep a lot of the time or do house chores. I just feel down all the time, crying for no reason, panic attacks and dont feel like going out. I have been taking sick days from work just to avoid people and the outside world. I have been to speak to someone before about this but i feel like they didnt help and was no use of helping me.

B

Bogomil

I am sorry for how you feel, Nicnak. I know it is hard for you. Try to speak to someone else in order to help you, if the previous person(s) were unable to help you. Sometimes it takes more trials in order to find proper help. As you feel like you described, there is something what troubles you, no one feels like that by her/his own will or because all is fine in their lifes. I sympatising with your feelings. Hugs :)

V

violetmarisa

I would definitely try to seek out help if that's how you have feeling. it's hard to remember what it was like to have pleasurable activitys and interests when you have been in that space for so long. isolation can make the outside world seem so forgein and undoable. I feel like it takes constant rewiring and reminding to get out of those patterns. it's possible you could have a deficiency and need medication or it could be that improving your coping skills will improve your situation. Sometimes both are necessary to be effective.

Mayfair

Mayfair

I am a 26 year old female who has no friends, stays at home when not working and like to be alone and not interact with family. I never fee like doing anything like watch tv, read a book etc. What is wrong with me and what advice can you give me?
I think the key is this part in bold.

It makes things difficult. Preferring be on own does generally mean fewer friends.

It's a bit of a balancing act. and not an easy one.

:welcome: to the forums btw :)

megirl

megirl

Sounds like you are having a really hard time. If you are happy doing what you are doing thats great. But doesnt sound like that. Life needs to be a lot richer than what you describe, but again if you are happy thats great. I think that is there a group you may be able to join. To be honest I have had many people in my life and many of them that have left. I think theres only so many people we need in this life and we need people who make us feel good. I was talking to a police officer friend and guess what he said he believes that we can have many friends in our lives but he says theres only a few that will be true friends forever. By that he means maybe 2-5 people in our lives. But do keep posting and i do see being on the forum is being among friends, xx take care