• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression

M

Meryl

Iam feeling so bad I want to smash up my flat and once I have done that just go sleep and never wake up I rang the crisis team about it all she said was it is not an emergency ll she said was keep plumping your pillows and keep shaking your duvet for half an hour and you will feel better what is the use of ringing them if they say that to somebody who is feeling really really bad

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi Meryl, i'm sorry the crisis team were so unhelpful.
Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for crisis teams to be totally useless. :unsure:

Do you feel safe or are you at risk of harming yourself? If you are at risk, I would suggest calling 111.
If you want to try and manage things as you have, have you ever found the Samaritan's helpful?

Also, do you have any PRN medication you can take? Not everybody has them, but if you do, it might be worth taking one.

Do you have any appointments or visits arranged for tomorrow? Sorry to ask lots of questions, but I wonder if you might be able to get through tonight easier if you know you can see a professional of some sorts tomorrow.
If you're not due to see anybody, perhaps you could phone your GP surgery in the morning?

Is there anything in particular that you think might help you at the moment?
I hope you can eventually find some calm and get a good rest tonight. It sounds like you're really struggling. :(

M

Meryl

No I have not found the Samaritans helpful they just make me feel worse no I have no appointments tomorrow my cpn is coming next week yes just going to sleep and never waking up again ever

katya

katya

Still feeling really bad
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Is it as bad as yesterday? If so, I'd maybe try to ring the crisis team again and be like, "Look, I was really bad yesterday and the advice you gave me didn't help; I need urgent help"?

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
Can you make an appt with your GP or do you see anyone else? Maybe that will be better for you if the crisis team dont consider you in crisis.