• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression

F

flumpidge

Does anyone feel the depression part of your mental health disorder will never go away no matter how much therapy u have?

If so ever feel what is the point in living a life that will always end up with u failing at everything and ending back up in a depressed state...makes me wish I could take on a disease from someone who is dying and give them my life so they can go on to do great things..... :-(

L

lovagemuffin

thinking that therapy cures depression is the problem.there RENT REALLY CURES FOR MENTAL HEALTHPROBLEMS ITS MOREABOUT LEARNING HOW TO MANAGE it (sorry caps) and working through your thoughtswith soemoen who knows what theyre doing there never comes a point in life wow im fixed now its more of the same but you can make changes that you want in your life.

P

Purple butterfly

I think it's more about how you manage it.... And talking about it sometimes gives a better understanding...

x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yes, I agree with what others are saying in that sometimes it's more about how you learn to cope..
I've found that my episodes of depression don't last anywhere near as long as they used to, and I think a lot of that is to do with being able to cope better when I do feel low.

It's interesting that you say you always feel you go back to a depressive state.
Does that mean that you have better times that aren't so hard?

I must admit, I have felt similar in the past... like even if I spend some months feeling happy and well, i'll always go back to being depressed.
But a change of perspective can help. How about seeing it as in spite of feeling depressed, you'll always go back to having periods of feeling ok?