• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression with Anxiety

J

JCPraha

I suffer from depression which is always accompanied by anxiety, which is a really terrible feeling and dificult to cope with. I take an antidepressant, Paroxetine, that is supposed to help with GAD - generalized anxiety disorder, but it is not helping to reduce my anxiety. Occasionally i take Xanax 0.5mg at night, to help me get to sleep, but it does nothing for my daily anxiety.

Anxiety is really the worst, it makes my whole day miserable and divides my mind.

Does anyone else have this problem with anxiety? How do you cope with it?

D

Deleted member 92692

I suffer from depression which is always accompanied by anxiety, which is a really terrible feeling and dificult to cope with. I take an antidepressant, Paroxetine, that is supposed to help with GAD - generalized anxiety disorder, but it is not helping to reduce my anxiety. Occasionally i take Xanax 0.5mg at night, to help me get to sleep, but it does nothing for my daily anxiety.

Anxiety is really the worst, it makes my whole day miserable and divides my mind.

I have panic attacks, really debilitating. I have my meds but ive meditating which seems to help

J

JCPraha

What meds do you take for panic attacks. I get them sometimes. It is a really terrible experience.

D

Deleted member 92692

Though you should avoid benzos. They have their own probs

J

JCPraha

Do benzos and beta blockers help? They probably do. I took some benzos today, I felt so anxious. I know addiction and abuse are a problem with them.

D

Deleted member 92692

Do benzos and beta blockers help? They probably do. I took some benzos today, I felt so anxious. I know addiction and abuse are a problem with them.
Yea both help though i try not take benzos now. Ive had problems with various addictions over the years. I take propranalol which do help

S

SvetlanaM

Benzos are very dangerous. I listen to Jordan Peterson's story about getting off of benzos (he nearly died), and that scared me a lot. I'm a big believer in natural treatments (healthy diet, omega-3 fatty acids, aerobic exercise, meditation), they helped me a lot

mom j

mom j

If you are going to take benzo for anxiety, i would look for something besides xanax. The meditation is a good tool. This is a mind trick that you have to do to yourself. You have to tell your brain to think about something lovely... maybe tell yourself that your kitten is very cute and he loves you so much. Or maybe think of being in a nice cool green area.

The reason this meditation isnt working for me so good anymore is because of my heart condition that causes a major snowball effect..... I need my heart valve replaced or stretched....... and now I've developed atrial fibrillation..... which is not controllable with my brain of course. But i start freaking out.... and we all know how that escalates and makes us ..., like Ghost said above - debilitated :(
I take a Beta blocker · Antianginal med that helps slow my heart rate and it keeps my glands from producing adrenaline. Adrenaline is something I CANNOT DEAL WITH!! lordy have mercy.

I also safely use a benzo since 2014.

Just a couple of nights ago I was panicking because my heart rate was having a pounding spell and I somehow induced myself right into an ambulance ride to the hospital. I got some oxygen and observation and bloodwork and a dose of benzo... and was let go. I was so embarrassed because I panicked but also, i didnt want it to be a repeat of the event I had just two weeks ago when I couldnt breathe. So I was not sure if I was headed down that road or not, so I called for help. I was alone and scared. :(

J

JCPraha

I understand, Panic attacks are really terrible. I can understand why you would call an ambulance. It is the worst feeling in the world. I know because I have experienced them. I can understand why you were scared. It is an extremely scary feeling. I take pregabalin now to reduce anxiety. It seems to help some. Take care.

P

Prycejosh1987

Find a good coping method, and confront what makes you anxious to get some leverage over it.