• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

'Depression' - What are you trying to recover from?

M

mxm

I hope this makes sense... Do you feel like you're trying to recover from your life? or an illness?

N

Nutter_09

I always thought it was from life untill i fully "understood" my illness.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Definately my life!! If I could let go of my past I think I'd be a whole lot better because circumstances in my present are what I've always wanted, but then are any of us ever really, truly happy?

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
I have a feeling I have repressed memories and my psychiatrist agrees but you never know what you might find. There's a chance that its a self-contrived memory anyway. It can be detrimental to be too analytical of your illness. The importance is in managing your illness and coping with life.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
:) a bit of both, but mainly my illness in a 60/40 kind of ratio. It is a very interesting question and one which gets much discussed here. It is one of those areas where everyone is different and everyone's balance is different. I guess what lies behind is the question of what you think lies behind your depression - psychological or biological causes. An additional problem and question is to what extent you can recover from your life? Even after years of sympathetic psycho-analysis/therapy where I understand the life factors a lot more I still make the same mistakes. So I suppose I will always be recovering from my life as well as my illness.

I think I might give a quite different answer to this question on another day!:rolleyes:

Nick.