• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression tiredness is more than just needing sleep

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

Depression is hard work isn’t it?

I work hard but so does depression and it’s draining and tiring.
Saying ‘I’m tired’ is literally so much more than just needing sleep.
It’s exhausting.
Hard to focus, hard to concentrate, hard to communicate, hard to fight, hard to keep moving, hard to stay calm.

I refuse to go backwards.
I refuse to give in.

Doesn’t stop the thoughts existing, they’re still there. Still whispering or screaming at me. Still there.

I can be in the middle of doing something and my mind starts playing games.
Urges to give in to them still there, still feeling kind of raw.
I can be just getting on with life and suddenly have thoughts of suicide or harming myself.
Very sudden. No warning.

I am tired. So tired. But I refuse to go backwards.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I think of it as weariness rather than tiredness. Right now I'm feeling extra weary, wondering why I bother to do anything. There's absolutely no point in anything really. Even if I gave up on parenting, walked out on my daughter and partner, ultimately it wouldn't really matter. We'll all be dead in a few decades anyway... But, like you, I'm still here 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sending you a hug KittyCat ❤️

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

I think of it as weariness rather than tiredness. Right now I'm feeling extra weary, wondering why I bother to do anything. There's absolutely no point in anything really. Even if I gave up on parenting, walked out on my daughter and partner, ultimately it wouldn't really matter. We'll all be dead in a few decades anyway... But, like you, I'm still here 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sending you a hug KittyCat ❤
I get your point, I understand it I really do but we are still here and we are still here for a reason aren’t we?
We don’t necessarily understand what that is though.

Thank you rainbow 🤗 sending you a huge one back too ❤️

S

SadRainbow

Former member
It really is exhausting, you're right. It's not fair. It shouldn't be this hard 😞

❤️

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

It really is exhausting, you're right. It's not fair. It shouldn't be this hard 😞

I know hun it really isn’t fair is it? 😔
But we keep going, keep pushing, keep fighting on.

I really do refuse to go back, I’ve worked so hard to fight my way this far that I don’t want to end up back where I began. I’ve learnt so many lessons, really bloody hard ones tbh.

L

Leggyane

So fatigued, exhausted. To fatigued to be bothered rolling a cigarette, and I want one....horrible

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

So fatigued, exhausted. To fatigued to be bothered rolling a cigarette, and I want one....horrible
I know the feeling, I don’t smoke roll ups but even just getting up and going outside is just like nope 😩 especially in the weather we currently have!

S

SadRainbow

Former member
This horrible weather is certainly not making me feel any better 😕

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

This horrible weather is certainly not making me feel any better 😕
Definitely no help! There was an event this evening I was going to go to but I just couldn’t convince myself it was worth it so I didn’t bother. It was outside 😬

losingme1989

losingme1989

I feel tired every day (even if I sleep ok) so I'm well aware of what it's like... 😬

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

I feel tired every day (even if I sleep ok) so I'm well aware of what it's like... 😬
Hard isn’t it? Trying to explain to others who don’t understand is a barrel of laughs!! This is why I’m so grateful for this place, so many people who do seriously understand ❤️

losingme1989

losingme1989

Hard isn’t it? Trying to explain to others who don’t understand is a barrel of laughs!! This is why I’m so grateful for this place, so many people who do seriously understand ❤

Yeah same here, it's great to have a place like this where people care & understand ❤, I don't really see that in my personal life sadly...

C

Crispie

It can be a killer most morning I have to fight just to get out of bed, its like a battle with my mind and most of the time just want to give in to it.

I too get the urge to SH especially when im so down I just want to feel something its like trying to ignore an itch it feels impossible at times.