• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

depression - sorta rant

B

blueberries

I think I might post more about my situation, I've posted before.

I feel some guilt for not socializing often with my family. I'm in my early 20s, I live with my family at home. I am depressed and I don't have energy to do physical things, (doing cardio exercise is hard work and not enjoyable until I'm done), or socialize. I am an introvert naturally, so I tend to like my alone time. I talk to my family here and there, I don't ignore anyone, I don't have a bad relationship I simply don't want to do anything. I feel bad that I don't want to socialize or get out to do things, I also have low self esteem and don't like how I look I do my best and take care of hygiene and eating healthy and good habits.

I have a low libido, everything's normal doctor checked with blood tests, and haven't dated before which bothered me for 1-2 years now, but it hasn't anymore.

my goals are to function, sleep, work (school), eat, drink water, eliminate bad habits, I even think very pessimistically so I have consciously decided to stop swearing, if anything related and stop pessimistic thoughts.

I just want to be average, I really fear needing to get a job next year, I will be done college by December this year if all goes as planned. I fear that my mental health will still stop me from getting a job/career needing to interact with people when I want to stay in bed/be left alone. I want to eventually get my own apartment, car, support myself. I don't see myself getting married.

I feel like a mess.

A

aisha23

I think it's great that you have these goals

it just sucks that depression and mental health in general can put it all on hold

x

P

Prevailer

I think I might post more about my situation, I've posted before.

I feel some guilt for not socializing often with my family. I'm in my early 20s, I live with my family at home. I am depressed and I don't have energy to do physical things, (doing cardio exercise is hard work and not enjoyable until I'm done), or socialize. I am an introvert naturally, so I tend to like my alone time. I talk to my family here and there, I don't ignore anyone, I don't have a bad relationship I simply don't want to do anything. I feel bad that I don't want to socialize or get out to do things, I also have low self esteem and don't like how I look I do my best and take care of hygiene and eating healthy and good habits.

I have a low libido, everything's normal doctor checked with blood tests, and haven't dated before which bothered me for 1-2 years now, but it hasn't anymore.

my goals are to function, sleep, work (school), eat, drink water, eliminate bad habits, I even think very pessimistically so I have consciously decided to stop swearing, if anything related and stop pessimistic thoughts.

I just want to be average, I really fear needing to get a job next year, I will be done college by December this year if all goes as planned. I fear that my mental health will still stop me from getting a job/career needing to interact with people when I want to stay in bed/be left alone. I want to eventually get my own apartment, car, support myself. I don't see myself getting married.

I feel like a mess.
Hi,it’s thoughts that cause bad moods/emotions.This may seem an obvious thing to say but as the real you is not a thought you only create them,try to meditate on who you are if you are not a thought.You will discover that you are a presence within a body.You need to embrace this concept and try to separate yourself (presence) from your thoughts.Therefore practice separating yourself from your thoughts by creating a buffer.This buffer is a silence that you need to try and create within your mind.Once you have created this silence,embrace it,say to yourself there is you then there is this silence and then there is the thought.You need to consciously still your mind to find the silence.Hope this makes some kinda sense.