• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression since 12 years old

R

Rizzano

My family never kept current on rent or bills, so we were always moving. One year I was in 3 new schools in one school year. Needless to say I was always the new kid and bullied.

At a very early age I realize I suffered from depression. I have dealt with it since. I am now 46, almost 47. I take medication for it, 2 in fact, but I get breakthrough depression quite often. I am a huge gamer and sometimes I get so depressed I can't enjoy anything.

I used to have best friends, but everyone got busy. Now I have no one. I can talk to my wife but she really isn't in the position to completely understand what I go through. I have no one to talk to. Last night I called crisis line because I just wanted to speak to someone. I wasn't feeling harmful toward myself or anyone else, but I feel everything building up and I want to avoid having to go to a wellness hospital.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I'm sorry you're struggling and have no one to talk to. It can help a little to get things out here in the forums. I often feel lonely because of my depression - not many people understand and I don't want to drag anyone down.

R

Rizzano

I understand. I have a few people online through gaming that have told me "hey my DM's are always open" but like you say I don't want to drag anyone down.

S

SadRainbow

Former member
I understand. I have a few people online through gaming that have told me "hey my DM's are always open" but like you say I don't want to drag anyone down.
Well at least here it's acceptable to be miserable 😁

S

StillDepressed

I'm sorry your struggling. Depression is a lonely place, sometimes even when people are there, their lack of understanding makes it harder.
I hoped the crisis line helped a little, although I have never found them useful.

R

Rizzano

It actually did help a small but. I just needed a small release to avoid a hospital stay, but everything is still here and almost at full force.

jajingna

jajingna

That's a long time to be dealing with depression. There's some people here who know about it too.

R

Rizzano

No, it's not a source. I normally don't know what the source is, I just have depression. Most times I enjoy things but when I get very depressed gaming doesn't even make me happy,