• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression Session

R

realDonaldTrump

I am trying really hard to do okay. Coping has never been an easy thing for me to do. Since Sunday I have spent nearly 15 hours of the day asleep. Last night I attended a Codependents Anonymous meeting for the first time and it was informational, not quite inspiring, I couldn't quite relate to anyone in there and the topic was confusing. I will try some more this week. Today I finally got around to doing something for myself that I had been putting off for quite some time now, it was cool getting out of the house for a bit but I can't say I feel much sense of accomplishment. Tomorrow is my last day off from work so I will try again if I can find the energy. Right now I am unable to focus on the things that I need to get done at home and am angry at everyone, including my cat for wandering outside. I am now punishing him by making him wait in the cold for my forgiveness (okay I feel horrible now I will let him back inside) I got some great news today I will be having a niece, I don't think I am able to feel as much about this as I should, or normally would. Drugs are not getting me high and alcohol is not getting me drunk. That's it I think I have lost my ability to feel anything except for frequent crying spells that only last one minute and then I stare off into space like nothing happened. I've lost my marbles or something?

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi realDonaldTrump I'm sorry you're experiencing depression like this, espescially when you're expecting a niece and you can't seem to be as happy about it as you should. Congratulations on getting a niece by the way :) . Depression can be devastating and make your life completely miserable. I often find myself feeling numb and unable to experience emotion just like you describe. It's a taxing experience and I'm sorry you have to go through that. Are you getting any treatment for your depression? Therapy and medication can often help make the condition more bearable. I hope you feel better soon. Take care and best wishes.

M

N

Nukelavee

Self-medicating with drugs and alcohol is a bad idea, and in the long run makes depression worse.