• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression seems to be returning

D

DepressedTransGirl

My depression has been kept under the radar for some 2 years, but it seems to be returning.

What im noticing is me slowly but surely retreating into social isolation, lower self esteem, no motivation to do anything productive.

Can't say i have not tried. I was full of energy for life, applying for jobs and constantly bring rejected 4 months straight (Couldn't even get a job interview) it's very exhausting.

And i don't know what to do with my life.

Ontop of that im also on hormone theraphy, im a transgender woman. The journey is hard mentally and physically and filled with insecurities about the future.

I feel like im slipping back into my deep depression again :(

Z

Zoe1

hi Depressedtransgirl :welcome: !

slowly but surely retreating into social isolation, lower self esteem, no motivation to do anything productive
join the club ! at least we have been there
ive been here since July and ive unpacked alot of issues
such that I feel a bit lighter

n yeah your life must be very hard for you there
with alll that going on

there is also a sub forum here for sexuality issues
and sub forums for alot of things, diagnoses,
and fun areas like chill out and debates

I hope you find it helpful here

:hug5:🕯

D

DepressedTransGirl

hi Depressedtransgirl :welcome: !

join the club ! at least we have been there
ive been here since July and ive unpacked alot of issues
such that I feel a bit lighter

n yeah your life must be very hard for you there
with alll that going on

there is also a sub forum here for sexuality issues
and sub forums for alot of things, diagnoses,
and fun areas like chill out and debates

I hope you find it helpful here

:hug5:🕯
Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely check that forum out.

I hoping to find the same support you did :)

jb5784

jb5784

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm LGBT myself and just got out of an abusive relationship. It's depressing to know I allowed myself to experience such humiliation. What's working for me to focusing on the fact I walked away from a bad situation with courage. Look at the good attributes you do have such as the courage to reach out into the forums and ask for help.

As far as the job situation is concerned, it can be extremely difficult to get rejected over and over again. Have you thought about starting your own business? Not sure what you do so this may not be an option.

D

DepressedTransGirl

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm LGBT myself and just got out of an abusive relationship. It's depressing to know I allowed myself to experience such humiliation. What's working for me to focusing on the fact I walked away from a bad situation with courage. Look at the good attributes you do have such as the courage to reach out into the forums and ask for help.

As far as the job situation is concerned, it can be extremely difficult to get rejected over and over again. Have you thought about starting your own business? Not sure what you do so this may not be an option.
Im so sorry to hear about that :( Hope you are doing beter now :) ?

Your right i do have some good attributes to focus on and build upon. A big still i'll have to make is seeing how to deal with past trauma and develop into a well rounded individual.

I think reaching out to people both casually and professionally for mental support, will help me grow.

Thank you so much for your advice!