• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression returning?

C

Chris-H-

Hi - I've been on Venlafaxine 225mg and Quetiapine 100mg daily for approx 2 and a bit years. Over the last cpl of months I've started getting my 'Red Flags' about depression returning (tears, too much/too little sleep, apathy etc) - I'm making an appt for my GP this week, hopefully tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had any advice b4 I go? Ps my GP is quite good and has an interest in mental health.

Yours hopefully
Chris

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm glad that your GP is pretty good with mental health.
I would say that these things happen - have you had counselling or therapy at all?
When drugs are the only thing prescribed, and the 'outer conditions' of your life not addressed, it is quite common for the depression to come back.
Hope that you get an appointment soon and don't have to wait too long for help.

C

Chris-H-

For me that's the upsetting thing.. I've had 2 seperate course of CBT (moved to diff health area) and also a long run of counselling. Felt I was on the up, started doing a bit of volunteering and feel I've crashed again (last week or so has become concerning hence post and DR appt) Dont want to feel that 'this is me' for rest of life :(

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Dont want to feel that 'this is me' for rest of life :(
No, of course not.
Hold on to the fact you've felt better after feeling low in the past - getting better is possible.
Personally, i've not found CBT to be brilliant to be honest. So don't feel like it's a bad sign because it doesn't seem to have worked for you.

C

Chris-H-

Just want/need to find 'cure' - Felt good on meds til recently but done a lil research regards changing if they're losing their effectiveness and its not pleasant reading. It's just a kick in the teeth after feeling I was climbing the mountain feel I've rolled back to the foothills if you follow... :(

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Has anything changed to trigger this?
The only time I remember feeling happy was when I partook in lots of destructive behaviours, obviously I don't recommend this. I'm sure this is the way I'm going to feel forever tho