Depression issues

V

ValentinaF

Hello, I struggle with depression, anxiety and fears for the last 5 years. I’m looking for answers, some treatments or methods to heal depression. Is going worst with every day, I lost all of my friends, lover and can’t interact with people easily anymore and I prefer to stay alone. I started with antidepressants 2 weeks ago when I could not help myself after rejection. I’m taking cipralex, is helpful ? ( hopefully anyone is taking this meds could advise )... thank you

Luci

Luci

Depression is tricky and each person's experience and journey will be different. Everyone reacts differently to different medications, what is important is that you find the ine that works for you. After about 4 to 6 weeks you should have a review of your new medication and see if your symptoms are improving. Trial and error. One thing is for certain. Meds alone don't work. To beat your depression long term you need to explore the root and your difficulties in taking therapies. There will be a lot of us who can relate to how you are feeling here. Don't give up! Be kind to yourself while you get used to your medication and set yourself small goals to achieve every day (making a meal, walking to the shops) do things you enjoy, play games, colour in, watch your fave film. Push yourself and make bigger goals, go further, go to a support group.... talk to people about how you feel, use the forum to offload. You can do this :)

L

Lorcos

Most antidepressants take a few weeks to work and take time to get to a therapeutic dose so I know it's difficult but it may take some time before you notice the effects. One of the side effects of cipralex is tiredness so that may account for your feeling weak. It's good that you have taken steps to get help with your depression and anxiety after dealing with them on your own for so long. Wanting to be alone is common when suffering with your symptoms but you are doing the best thing by getting help. Somethings you just can't do alone.

V

ValentinaF

Unfortunately I cause distance and I feel like everyone let me down. I’m really alone at this point. People in general will avoid this kind of situation, being around someone who’s not smiling or not socializing.

V

ValentinaF

I’m waiting for the meds to help. I guess I have make a mistake not to get them all this past time.

L

Lorcos

It's very common to think you can handle things yourself. Although medication is only one part of the treatment it does help significantly with your ability to have hope that things will get better.

Matthew 666

Matthew 666

Hi mat here I hate life and I don't understand why I want to kill my self it's like some else is pushing the buttons