• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

depression is washing over me again

thing fish

thing fish

i can feel it. i am home alone and i am starting to get depresed for no apparent reason.
i hate this so much. the past couple of days i was 'high' and now i am heading into a low.
nobody around to talk to. nobody around to help me make it better..

what do i do?

i am thinking about going to the mental health center but they will just want to admit me to their partial hospitalization ward and i really don't want that right now

thing fish

thing fish

am i the only one that hates life?
i can't live like this....i'm only 31 and miserable. divorced. alone. no friends.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Nah thing fish you're not alone. On the surface I have everything to live for, a lovely devoted husband, two gorgeous sons and the job I've always wanted. But I feel very alone with this depression, I feel nobody outside my house cares, that I have no friends, that the future is hopeless. I'm off sick from work and can't see me being able to go back.

I went away for a few days to visit my son 200 miles away and was just like my normal self. I'm back home and everything is starting to get on top of me again.

It sucks doesn't it?

thing fish

thing fish

Nah thing fish you're not alone. On the surface I have everything to live for, a lovely devoted husband, two gorgeous sons and the job I've always wanted. But I feel very alone with this depression, I feel nobody outside my house cares, that I have no friends, that the future is hopeless. I'm off sick from work and can't see me being able to go back.

I went away for a few days to visit my son 200 miles away and was just like my normal self. I'm back home and everything is starting to get on top of me again.

It sucks doesn't it?
it sucks a lot. being bipolar has ruined my life. i was in what i thought was a wonderful mariage but my wife split shortly after i got diagnosed.

i miss a LOT of work due to this condition...

it's hard when there is no support system. i live with my parents and my mother is not real sensative to the situation. i suppose i have coping problems

thing fish

thing fish

don't really know what to do.
debating on going to the mental health center for a talk but it will either end in just a talk or them admitting me to their partial hospitalization ward...
i'm afraid if i get hospitalized i will be in on sunday and i have to work.
i'm afraid to miss work as i have missed so much already....i can't lose my job.
i really don't know what to do

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hmm, don't really know what to suggest, we don't have partial hospitalisation thing here so I don't know how it works. Do they take your own preferences (like needing to go to work) into consideration when deciding what sort of help you need?

thing fish

thing fish

Hmm, don't really know what to suggest, we don't have partial hospitalisation thing here so I don't know how it works. Do they take your own preferences (like needing to go to work) into consideration when deciding what sort of help you need?

partial hospitalization is when you get admitted to the mental health centers psych ward, not the actual hospital....you get to see a doctor every day and there are nurses on staff...
once you get admitted you are basically there till they ok you to go home.

i really feel like i should go but i am afraid i am on thin ice at my job.....

man i hate this

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey thing fish - I think you should go and talk to someone at least - especially if you are feeling like you might hurt yourself or something like that.

Keep talking here
KS

thing fish

thing fish

Hey thing fish - I think you should go and talk to someone at least - especially if you are feeling like you might hurt yourself or something like that.

Keep talking here
KS
i'm going to try and grind it out....
i have to take my brother to work at 4 and i can't do that if i am on the ward...

god i fucking hate this

keepsafe

keepsafe

are you taking medication??

Do you want to talk - will you be ok until 4 - what about you, you have to look after you.

thing fish

thing fish

are you taking medication??

Do you want to talk - will you be ok until 4 - what about you, you have to look after you.
i am taking my medication as per the instructions.
i don't have any thoughts of harming myself i just feel super depressed and it is getting worse...
my one and only friend is coming over at 4 too so hopefully talking to her will help as well.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Thats good that you have a friend coming over to talk with take it easy

KS

thing fish

thing fish

thats why i am trying to grind it out...
she is my only friend and she is good to me. i just wish i could wash this depression away you know....
i go see the doc next week so maybe he will change something in my med regiment

keepsafe

keepsafe

I do know yes - i wish I could wash it away too for you and me. Do you get talking therapy or not? I find it difficult but am getting better at it - especially with the firends I have on here who are so kind

J

jamesdean

Does this forum help thing fish? I find it so supportive day n night JD