• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression in a massive wave

G

Girl interupted

The problem with relationships is that it's no longer you feeling crummy, it's you trying not to feel crummy so you dont impact someone else's mood.

I get the loneliness, but having someone in your life isn't going to magically get rid of the depression, rather it can exacerbate it.

Then you get to go through the fights and the insecurities and that compounds it.

Get into a better headspace then go out on a few dates. But not now.

D

dewey

The problem with relationships is that it's no longer you feeling crummy, it's you trying not to feel crummy so you dont impact someone else's mood.

I get the loneliness, but having someone in your life isn't going to magically get rid of the depression, rather it can exacerbate it.

Then you get to go through the fights and the insecurities and that compounds it.

Get into a better headspace then go out on a few dates. But not now.
Hmmmmm.

I've just realised how physical this depression was. It's really very strange. Almost purley biological, honestly. One can feel it as a physical symptom. V strange.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Hmmmmm.

I've just realised how physical this depression was. It's really very strange. Almost purley biological, honestly. One can feel it as a physical symptom. V strange.
I get those two kinds of depression too. It is strange indeed.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Sure!
I get the circumstantial depressions that have everything to do with what's happening in my life at that time. I can easily tell what causes it. I get suicidal thoughts. I cry a lot. Usually my sleep isn't affected very much or I will sleep a lot.
And then I get the depressions that are just there one morning and that don't really have a clear cause. The heavy limbs, exhaustion, slowness. My sleep gets worse to the point of near insomnia. I am usually not thinking of suicide. I only want to sleep but can't. Can't concentrate very well anymore.
I think the 1st kind of depression is due to my personality disorder, the 2nd due to my bipolar disorder.

D

dewey

I get the circumstantial depressions that have everything to do with what's happening in my life at that time.
'Circumstantial' depression, gosh that makes perfect sense. I kind of chuckled to myself when I read: I hate everything to do with what's happening in my life at that time, not because it's funny but it's quite relatable and it's very bizarre. I mean how can everything be bad? But in those moments, I truly believe it is. Gosh those are bad points.

And then I get the depressions that are just there one morning and that don't really have a clear cause. The heavy limbs, exhaustion, slowness.
Yes, that makes perfect sense. Totally relate.

My sleep gets worse to the point of near insomnia. I am usually not thinking of suicide. I only want to sleep but can't. Can't concentrate very well anymore.
I also get this.

I think the 1st kind of depression is due to my personality disorder, the 2nd due to my bipolar disorder.
I'm increasingly starting to think I may have bipolar disorder. I will discuss it with my psychiatrist

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

I'm increasingly starting to think I may have bipolar disorder. I will discuss it with my psychiatrist
Do you get the 'highs' as well? If you suspect you're bipolar it's always good to talk about it with your psychiatrist. Mine is sure I have it, I have my doubts sometimes.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

I kind of chuckled to myself when I read: I hate everything to do with what's happening in my life at that time, not because it's funny but it's quite relatable and it's very bizarre.
That IS funny because it's not what I wrote. ;)
But it IS how I feel.