• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression has put it's slippers on

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Do you think it may be time to take the antidepressants you have? It could help to lift your depression.
I have been thinking about medication this afternoon. I will need to talk about it tomorrow seriously.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I think you are making the right decision, Tawny. Depression is such an awful thing to endure. If medication can bring even a slight relief then it is so worth it.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think you are making the right decision, Tawny. Depression is such an awful thing to endure. If medication can bring even a slight relief then it is so worth it.
It is only the side effects that stop me taking more medication. If it weren't for side effects, i might be back at work now because i could tolerate the medication that made me feel the best.

Hopefully one day someone will give me something that doesn't cause so many other problems.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Is it all antidepressants that cause side effects or the one you have been given?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It's the antipsychotics and mood stabilisers mostly. If i took more of my mood stabiliser, that would stop the depressions coming back so hard.

bpd2020

bpd2020

That is very difficult. Do you think it would help to post in the bipolar section and see how other take their medication?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is possible, probably not but possible, one family member reads that forum so i don't write there :) i don't think they would think to read anywhere else and figure out which is me. I much prefer the journal for that reason, for more personal information.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Oh gosh I am sorry. I totally understand. In that case, maybe a discussion with your doctor will be helpful? You can explain your concerns.

Blooming

Blooming

I am depressed too. Feel like I don't want to ... It's more like "I don't care". I think I am tired of fighting. I did the good fight and then the Covid 19 came. I cannot reach friends on the other side (I mean at the other end of the bus-line). I am lonly and angry! :low:😫

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Sorry Blooming, i have a cat on my lap and coffee in my hand, a bit of comfort.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
hard to stay out of bed
bed so comfy and warm

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I am depressed too. Feel like I don't want to ... It's more like "I don't care". I think I am tired of fighting. I did the good fight and then the Covid 19 came. I cannot reach friends on the other side (I mean at the other end of the bus-line). I am lonly and angry! :low:😫
It is harder without people. Can you communicate via social media or email?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm out of bed. I think as i had not eaten much, i was even more tired. I had some ravioli from a tin which isn't the healthiest but it is very easy to heat up and eat.

I am going to make stew or cottage pie tonight, and then i can re-heat it for a couple of days in the microwave. I have a bit more energy in the evening so will prepare for tomorrow. I need to do a bit of exercise tonight too.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Family take my energy and they should not. They are not only unhelpful, but they also add stress which sucks what little energy i have away.