• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression has put it's slippers on

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Settling down for how long?
Halloween?
Christmas?
New Year?
That will be very hard

Today i have been an extremely lazy, dirty, and miserable slob
Some might say unwell

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't know why i wrote that like it is funny because it is not funny. I'm worried and upset and pissed off with it all. Even the cat is pissed off with me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

You are not lazy. Being depressed will mean you have no energy or motivation. Would it help to talk to your GP?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You are not lazy. Being depressed will mean you have no energy or motivation. Would it help to talk to your GP?
I don't want to go at the moment with covid. Too much hassle.
I can phone to ask permission to increase AD but i want to wait and see first

Today was the worst day so far, of 3-4 weeks now, but it has been stressful lately. People don't realise how much that can worsen it do they. Any stress and my phone will go down or my door will close.

I'm warm all the time, tired, i had to get outside because i couldn't stand my own company and stuffy air. I am going to get the SAD lamp out right now so i don't forget. All this time i keep saying i will do it and i still haven't. That is depression to a tee.

bpd2020

bpd2020

How about a phone appointment? My Gp surgery is contacting people by phone after filling out an online form. I think for us we feel so bad anyway that any added stress makes us feel unwell.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I find it very stressful phoning the GP, i would prefer to wait and see. I think i have a medication review soon so i won't have any choice but to call, or i will be called possibly. I find it all so stressful, especially now.

I ate well i think. Drank lots of water and had vitamins. I think i need more protein.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I also find contacting the GP stressful. I am just concerned that you are in deep depression and you are managing it alone.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I also find contacting the GP stressful. I am just concerned that you are in deep depression and you are managing it alone.
I am about 3 on the scale, when i get to crying hard at night then i know i need to do something about it. I have struggling through it so many times in my life now, that it feels like an inevitable thing. Increasing medication causes so many side effects. On the medication i am on now, i can function but i am not 100% well. This is an annual cycle unfortunately.

Maybe i am being pessimistic or is that cynical? Defeatist, wallowing? Or realistic and accepting?

I know that there are easier days and harder days. Maybe tomorrow will be easier. I have had to deal with so much on my own and i wonder if i am not the only one? It is sad, a shame, a pity.

I did try and have a bit of a dance watching the news. Gloria Estefan, Conga? is it called. A little bit of movement :)

Sheryl Crowe singing a bit - I was born in November, 1963 the day elvis huxley died? a nice one to sing.

I'm trying. I don't know. This is my life, or is it?

bpd2020

bpd2020

Do you want to leave it until you are crying? Maybe it would help to get support before it gets worse as it will be harder to address once it gets worse. I do understand the issue with meds causing side effects. It is difficult. You never wallow. Please do not think that about yourself.

It is hard having to deal with everything on your own. That can make it harder to reach out to professionals for support.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I don't know why i wrote that like it is funny because it is not funny. I'm worried and upset and pissed off with it all. Even the cat is pissed off with me.
Hi Tawny I'm really sorry you feel so bad. I can relate to the holiday thing. And I also get depressed more when winter comes. I'm behind on my laundry just don't want to do it. You are in my thoughts I hope tomorrow is better.🌈

D

Daringdan

Sounds pretty rough Tawny, I hope you feel better soon. Dancing and singing are good medicine, maybe breakthrough those symptoms.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I have found since I came to this website that people have the same problems I have. Thank you all for sharing your expirences and advice. We can help each other we are not really alone.😊

J

JJ1

Hi , I'm new to this forum, but I like your compassion. Are you a depression sufferer or do we have " helpers/ therapists on this forum?" Thanks

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hi , I'm new to this forum, but I like your compassion. Are you a depression sufferer or do we have " helpers/ therapists on this forum?" Thanks
Hello. I do have depression. This forum does not have any therapists. Welcome. :)