• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

depression has it's hold on me again

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi all,
I've been fighting the depression for a few months now, and I'm feeling it more and more. I know I haven't passed that line as I can recognise that I'm slipping deeper and deeper but I don't know what I can do to help myself. I try to get out for short walks with the dogs, I get up with the kids in the morning, but I can feel it getting a hold on me and I'm scared. I've also been to the drs to get back in to see the pdoc, and the dr but me on beta blockers for anxiety, which have really helped with the physical symptoms.
I'm struggling at the minute with thoughts of 'running away'

F

flowerpot

Hi there
You do right getting out walking, try your best to do positive things but at the same time get rest and look after yourself. A few months ago I was at screaming point ( everybody leave me alone ) I am gradually getting better with advice and medication so hold on you will pull round. Terrible thing anxiety and depression I know from experience how hard it can be to function and exhausting it can be. Would love to hear how you're getting on. Hang on there. Hugs.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks flowerpot,
I am trying hard I really am, for my children but I'm struggling. How are you doing now?
The anxiety is just awful, I've never had it before really, not like this! It's constant without the beta blockers. Do you have or had physical symptoms of anxiety?
I'm really struggling with the thoughts of running away, I'm trying to be logical with it, but it's hard!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey, it's good to see you post again, but obviously not good to see that you're feeling so awful at the moment.:hug1:

Am glad that the beta-blockers are helping to an extent with the physical side of things. Anxiety can really make you feel like crap, to put it bluntly.
However it sounds like your mood is getting lower.
Did you say to your doctor that you are struggling with your mood?

Am also wondering if you can pin-point what exactly it is that you want to run away from?
Is there something going on in your life that is causing you to be upset or anxious, or is it more of an escape from what's going on in your mind? x

F

flowerpot

Hi there
I'm the same as you in that I've not had anxiety like this before. It's as though I have no control over it and the slightest thing sets it off. Family problems and worry over the last four or so years set things so bad. Dealing with other people is hard and I was blaming myself for alot of things in the end when it wasn't me that had done anything wrong in the first place. I now realise that people are covering up for others and that their behaviour is weird.

I've always been a bit anxious and suffered with depression on and of for years. Now as I am older I have arthritis and when I'm anxious the pain is a lot worse. Since changing meds about 3 years ago I've had tinnitus permanently which get worse when I'm anxious. I have trouble sleeping at times and a annoying habit of wiggling my toes ( doing it now ) why I don't know but at least I'll have healthy toes.

I'm so glad I found this forum and the support of everyone. To have contact with people who actually know how you feel and understand helps alot.
Hope you have a good day let us know will you. X