Depression creeps up

A

A97HATTER

Depression creeps up on me and probably a lot of you all of the time, no matter how good things are going it still manages to take over. Despite meds and counselling. Is there anything else to do to manage depression and low mood?

I've been feelin recently like I'm just really unhappy despite everything in my life being good at the moment and having good news etc! I find myself just sleeping for most of the day I'll come home from work and sleep. I'll get up then go back to sleep again for the night. I don't want to make the effort for anything because of low mood but I also have OCD which makes some things difficult aswell.
I don't know what it is that's making things more difficult for me recently, I am more anxious because I'm going to uni and will be older than most of the students going as I'm two years later, also I'm worried because of my OCD as I'm going to my local uni so I might see people I know (tends to trigger my anxiety).

Anyway my depression seems to creep up and slowly consume my life - I go through phases of going out all of the time and feeling positive and then phases of literally just sitting at home bored or sleeping feeling bad about myself.

Anyone else feel like this recently?
Best wishes

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi A97HATTER,

Sorry to hear you feel that way. Have you sought any professional help, out of interest?x

Much love <3

A

A97HATTER

Thank you for your replies it's really helpful to hear from others!
I have and am having professional help, it started about 3 years ago and it has improved my mental health sooo much because I got to such a bad place before but I can feel myself slowly slipping back and It makes me panic because I don't want to go back there!
But right now I feel extremely anxious as I've ignored a compulsion and done something that's massive for me to do - so I've been okay about it all day but now I feel like I wanna die and am nearly having a panic attack.
I just feel like I have no one close to me, I feel like everyone else has someone at least and I'm here by myself and I'm there for all my friends/family etc but I feel like I end up quite alone. But I think that could be my depression taking its decision on things.
I'm suppose to be up for work in the morning but can't sleep and don't feel like I can go to work - but again I don't want to start going backwards.

Thanks again for replying xxx

M

Missmelancholy

I totally get what you're describing its so frustrating cos things are going well and you think you're on the mend then your brain just somehow takes a wrong turn suddenly .. depression really does creep up doesn't it ? Hope you get some relief soon :) it will pass