• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression bit me at 59 years old

S

sewelllc

Hello, this is my first post and I’m looking for education to support my medication. I am pretty new to depression (5 months) and never ever thought I would suffer with it and really hate it. What I would like help and advice with is.... I’m tearful before meals and have started worrying about being in the company of others. My question to the wise forum followers is why tears before meals and how to overcome and how to build confidence to interact in society again. Thank you

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello sewelllc welcome to the forums.
I’m so sorry that you have been struggling with Depression. I don’t have advice for you in these areas but just wanted to drop by to extend a welcome. Hopefully others who can help you better will be by soon. We are glad that you are here with us. xo, j

P

Purpleplum

It could be low blood sugar. Have you had a medical examine to rule out diabetes, hypoglycemia, etc...? Also serotonin is probably lowest before eating.

S

sewelllc

Hello sewelllc welcome to the forums.
I’m so sorry that you have been struggling with Depression. I don’t have advice for you in these areas but just wanted to drop by to extend a welcome. Hopefully others who can help you better will be by soon. We are glad that you are here with us. xo, j
That’s very kind of you. Loneliness world of depression is not so nice

S

sewelllc

It could be low blood sugar. Have you had a medical examine to rule out diabetes, hypoglycemia, etc...? Also serotonin is probably lowest before eating.
No but I will do. Thanks for the advice

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M depression my old friend Introduce Yourself 6
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
Lucy87x New here- Depression Introduce Yourself 7
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
S Depression-Mike Introduce Yourself 15
P Hi there.. post breakdown and experiencing depression, anxiety and ptsd. Introduce Yourself 25
R BPD, depression, and alcoholism Introduce Yourself 9
N My name is neil. Im an ex nurse and i suffer from p t s d and sever depression. Including anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered this for 15 years a Introduce Yourself 13
S Introduction PTSD and depression Introduce Yourself 3
M DEPRESSION with TIME Introduce Yourself 5
J 3rd episode of depression, way worse than the first two (24 yr old) Introduce Yourself 3
0205gami A guy from Sweden with ADD and recurrent depression Introduce Yourself 4
L Hey I'm new here 30yr old Male UK; social anxiety, depression and specific phobia. Introduce Yourself 12
S Depression and self loathing Introduce Yourself 6
A New here, struggling with debilitating anorexia nervosa and depression. Introduce Yourself 8
P Depression without relief Introduce Yourself 7
girlwiththekittytattoo I'm new and I feel damaged. CSA and drug-facilitated crime survivor with lots of anxiety, struggle with depression and looking into CPTSD and BDD.. Introduce Yourself 7
M Hypersomnia? Depression and uncontrollable sleeping Introduce Yourself 7
W Hello! Overthinking, insomnia, social anxiety, performance anxiety, paruresis, depression. Introduce Yourself 6
L Depression and identity link - can anyone help? Introduce Yourself 4
T Carer with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 19
A First time on anything like this .Been I’ll for years with depression anxiety.Hoping to be able to share with others and here there stories and coping Introduce Yourself 10
L Depression Introduce Yourself 11
T Hello. I'm new, lonely, being treated for PTSD/Anxiety/Depression. Hoping to find a peer group who understands. Introduce Yourself 24
B Low mood, depression anxiety. Introduce Yourself 20
G Hi I’m gina, suffering from depression, anxiety and PTSD. Introduce Yourself 8
M Hi, struggling with depression, again Introduce Yourself 11
A Hi, I suffer with anxiety and depression and occasionally need to connect with someone to help me change my thoughts. Introduce Yourself 13
C New with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
A Hi my name is Angela. I have had depression for over 20 years. Medication and therapy stopped working. Today is day three for TMS treatment. Introduce Yourself 10
S New - BPD, Anger/Depression Introduce Yourself 5
D Hello! New and struggling with a unmotivated relative with bi-polar & depression. Introduce Yourself 16
K Hello one and all! Looking forward to being part of this community as a long term sufferer of depression and retired mental health nurse. Introduce Yourself 11
S hey! uni student struggling with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 2
M Motorcycle lady, here goes I've suffered with depression for a number of years and as well as being ADHD with RSD Introduce Yourself 4
S Lawyer with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 12
M Im new here i have bpd, servere anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 7
D Depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Introduce Yourself 2
K depression Introduce Yourself 2
O Newbie - Binge Eating and Anxiety/Depression Introduce Yourself 1
BadWolf10 Depression sucks Introduce Yourself 5
S Newbie, 25y f. with anxiety and mild depression problems Introduce Yourself 14
M I am Mike probably suffering from schizophrenia, depression, dementia, etc. Help me, please. Introduce Yourself 8
P Stay at Home Mom with Recurring Depression Introduce Yourself 16
D Seeking Understanding Regarding Depression Introduce Yourself 4
J Learning how to use this - persistent depression Introduce Yourself 10
B New member here - addiction and depression Introduce Yourself 6
S New Here - If only I were new to Depression Introduce Yourself 4
P Hi im Paul from Folkestone in UK ..right on seaside 😁 have always suffered depression and looking to chat ..yep bad pic as always Introduce Yourself 22
D Depression? Introduce Yourself 8