• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on.

TylersOutlet24

TylersOutlet24

Sometimes I feel like I am viewing my life from a 3rd person perspective (through a looking glass).

And no matter how hard you try to steer it in the right direction of positivity and happiness you have a proverbial magnet pulling you back down to the depths again.

Mental Health is something that needs management and ongoing maintenance to maintain - I am not naive to think the problems will vanish. Its just I wish the feeling would go away - sometimes I feel empty.

Anyone else experience this persistent feeling?

Attachments

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I struggle with feeling empty too. It is a horrid feeling. I am sorry it happens to you.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Yes, that's a very familiar description. Disconnected from my feelings and whatever I'm doing, it was how I survived until I found alternatives. The awful emptiness was unbearable. And the seemingly endless waiting, for a new therapy, a new drug or death.

You may feel very alone but you're not, I see you. As you struggle with your mental health, there's still a "you" in there, apart from the depression, expressing yourself marvelously. It's tiring though, isn't it? The constant work, learning to manage and learning the insidious ways this illness finds to undermine our lives.

TylersOutlet24

TylersOutlet24

Thanks BPD and Bizzarebitrary:)

Yes, the empty feeling is with all intensive purposes - utterly all consuming:low:

You are so right Bizzarebitrary! Please share more to me about the alternatives you found to help when you spoke about surviving.

In addition - yes I do try to still be ME and improve as a person even while suffering with this grey cloud disease, I mean what else can you do? We have to fight it. You are so right on the constant work of the illness, its like having a permanent monkey on your back.

Anyway - keep moving on up, as they say!:p

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BLUESTAR009 I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
F Sleep and Anxiety / Depression Depression Forum 5
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Effects of anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 2
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
B Sports and depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3
L Starting to lose hope with my depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
K Overwhelming regret from an anxiety riddled bad decision causing chronic depression Depression Forum 1
J anyone try magic mushrooms for there anxiety depression? or treatment besides medication? Depression Forum 10
S Anxiety and depression from past and not getting cured and dragged into more and more problems. Depression Forum 7
J What do u think about this problem with depression and anxiety returning? Depression Forum 1
A My Girlfriend (23F) has anxiety, depression, and is suicidal. How can I help her? Depression Forum 6
J what treatment snapped you out of sever anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 20
Charmayne Can Anxiety fuel Depression? Depression Forum 6
A Sexually based depression Depression Forum 9
A Suffering from a depression whose reason I don't realise. Depression Forum 13
P Cheating Spouse and Depression Depression Forum 6
Hardknocks88 New normal depression Depression Forum 1
M Depression and Narcissm Depression Forum 2
Barny67 Clarity after depression. Depression Forum 4
C Am I causing my girlfriend's depression? Depression Forum 11
J Depression and misguided actions Depression Forum 10
E Excessive sleep+depression+OCD= lost Depression Forum 2
C Loneliness and Depression Depression Forum 8
S My boyfriends depression has become worse and now he’s acting mean? Depression Forum 63
H At a loss - Not sure what else to try to help depression Depression Forum 6
L My Depression...and Yours Depression Forum 5
Carol1952 Sleeping a lot due to depression Depression Forum 11
M Agitated Depression Depression Forum 6
J Hello All. Living with someone in depression Depression Forum 1
J Depression and University Depression Forum 9
R What are signs of depression? Depression Forum 3
P Depression? Depression Forum 5
P Being Lonely With Depression Depression Forum 14
S How do you get out of a depression? Depression Forum 5
C Depression & new relationships. Depression Forum 6
M Mild but chronic depression Depression Forum 3
N Depression and or eating disorder. How do I begin to get help? Depression Forum 13
Z Did anyone experience the same depression? Depression Forum 1
N cause of depression are from past lives Depression Forum 1
G Ex with depression Depression Forum 3
M Do you use another platform about depression besides this this forum? Depression Forum 1