• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression, Anxiety, AHD and Low Self Esteem

S

ShyamSunder06

Hi,

After reading contents over internet over the symptoms I am going through it looks like I am suffering from multiple issues like - depression, anxiety, AHD and low self esteem.

I am in a very desperate state to overcome these issue and to lead a normal happy life. Since there are a lot of self help books and a lot of tutorials also in video format which helps to overcome I would like to start working on them but a little confused on what to start working on ?

Depression, anxiety, AHD or low self esteem. Especially AHD or low self esteem, what causes others ?

What should be the one I need to work on which should have given rise to remaining conditions ? or what should be the best approach ? please advise.

Thanks,
Shyam.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Shyam and welcome to the forum.

Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling? Have you been formally diagnosed with anything? I will just say that self-diagnosis over the Internet is not always the best way to go. This said, there is a lot of self help advice available which can be quite useful.

I had a quick read of your other thread and I agree with what Somerset said about low self-esteem and possible anxiety. I think perhaps starting with these would be a good idea.

I hope this helps a little.

S

ShyamSunder06

typo change

Hi,

If I have to get help from a professional whom should I approach ? physiatrist or therapist or counsellor or any other ? I am little confused here.

Thanks,
Shyam.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
MrBond007 Anxiety, Agitation, Frustration, Depression, Stressed (Holiday in Wales) Mental Health Experiences 2
E Anxiety depression addiction can you relate? Mental Health Experiences 2
L I have anxiety, stress, depression issues Mental Health Experiences 1
jajingna Depression and anxiety are physical illnesses also Mental Health Experiences 19
H Depression, anxiety and possible psychosis?? Mental Health Experiences 1
Newstartformetoday Which is your worst? The mental anguish or the physics manifestation of anxiety/depression Mental Health Experiences 18
Lady in Blue Depression and Anxiety Caused by Climate Change Mental Health Experiences 2
U My Anxiety/Depression Experience Mental Health Experiences 2
D Anxiety or depression maybe both? Mental Health Experiences 1
Confusedandanxious Anyone else diagnosed with mixed depression and anxiety? Mental Health Experiences 2
P anxiety, ocd, depression Mental Health Experiences 1
B Social anxiety and depression in a new relationship .need advice ! Mental Health Experiences 3
Hopeful313 Is this a sign of something other than anxiety and depression? Mental Health Experiences 9
6 Anxiety or depression. Mental Health Experiences 21
S I cannot continue my relationship with my girlfriend due to severe depression and anxiety Mental Health Experiences 3
S Depression and Anxiety...what about confusion? Mental Health Experiences 5
C Returning to work after being signed off with depression and anxiety Mental Health Experiences 8
P depression/anxiety and work Mental Health Experiences 5
J New job and dealing with Autism anxiety/depression issues. Mental Health Experiences 2
B I've driven my wife to Anxiety & Depression Mental Health Experiences 2
R Living experience with stress, anxiety or depression and returning to work/wanting to return? Mental Health Experiences 0
R Mental health at work: Thinking about returning to work after stress, anxiety or depression? Mental Health Experiences 19
R Anxiety/low self esteem/depression/advice please Mental Health Experiences 1
B Anxiety depression Mental Health Experiences 25
H Recent diagnosis of anxiety, depression and agoraphobia Mental Health Experiences 4
T Are My feelings going away? Anxiety, Depression, No Motivation Mental Health Experiences 2
2 GP not taking me seriously (anxiety/ depression) Mental Health Experiences 5
O Struggling anxiety & depression + possible ptsd? Mental Health Experiences 4
Pinkshrimp anxiety depression lack of empathy. So tired Mental Health Experiences 2
Solitude1 Depression/Anxiety, Ridiculous Problems... Mental Health Experiences 3
D Anxiety and depression taking over my life Mental Health Experiences 2
T Anxiety, depression, depersonilzation? Mental Health Experiences 2
W Existential fears, anxiety and depression Mental Health Experiences 9
L Can't go back to work due to severe anxiety and depression Mental Health Experiences 3
C Severe anxiety, depression + severe memory problems Mental Health Experiences 1
A Obsessive Compulsive, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety Depressive. What do I have and what is the correct treatment? Mental Health Experiences 6
X I am on meds for depression/anxiety but I really think I have something more serious, thoughts? Mental Health Experiences 2
F Depression and anxiety make me unable to socialize Mental Health Experiences 1
H help with dealing with anxiety and depression at work? Mental Health Experiences 3
Artmuzz Paranoia and suspicion giving me high anxiety and depression Mental Health Experiences 2
DiddyKong Anxiety? Depression? Mental Health Experiences 8
O is there a condition which has depression, anxiety and psychosis? Mental Health Experiences 3
X depression anxiety and sex? Mental Health Experiences 1
P Dealing with urge to be perfect, anxiety, depression, and indiscisivnes? Mental Health Experiences 8
B How to start getting help for anxiety, depression, ADD, addiction, memory, depression, etc. Mental Health Experiences 5
A Anxiety & Depression Mental Health Experiences 41
C Girlfriends Struggle with Depression Mental Health Experiences 10
K mum's psychotic depression (Sertraline + Olanzapine) Mental Health Experiences 1
D Depression has ruined my body Mental Health Experiences 5
M Grief and depression/ existential crisis Mental Health Experiences 3