• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression, anxiety, agorophobia, family issues? Anyone?

O

optimist

Hi,

I don't really know where to start or how to introduce myself. So I don't know for sure how I can start speaking about how I feel....

I've had a lot go on in my life, I came out of an abusive relationship a few years ago, my relationship with my mother deteriorated and she supported the ex partner and made me out to be the abusive one.

During this relationship, I was given a dog and she decided to steal her away from me. Eventually, one Friday night whilst she was out I packed all my belongings into my car and left, also taking the dog. I was made to feel incredibly guilty, even though I'd done everything in my power to look after her, she was never neglected by me, I paid her vet bills and for food etc. My mothers mood would never be consistent, one day she could be fine and the next she could be making my life hell and yelling insults, if I left the house (at age 22 this was), she would get into a rage and I would come home the next day to my room trashed.

She's also married to a man who was abusive towards both her and myself and she continues to stand by him whilst painting a picture of me that is less than favourable to other people and family members.

What I'm trying to convey is that this entire experience has left me utterly bereft, I was first diagnosed with depression when I was 17, sent for counselling and eventually I had a really good couple of years on and off.

I've been back and forth to my GP numerous times, first Fluoxetine then Citalopram and now Mirtazapine coupled with Propranalol.

I really hope I don't offend anybody in case they think I've joined the wrong website or said too much in my first post. I've just HAD to find someone who I can talk to, I'm worried I'll never feel normal.

I find going out extremely difficult and sometimes wait until it is dark before I leave the house. The medication has made me put on weight, thus exacerbating my condition further. I drink way too much alcohol, however I don't drink during the day.

If anyone has anything to contribute, I'd be grateful and I'm also more than happy to try and contribute toward anything else people have to say.

Many thanks.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

You haven't offended anyone at all so please stop worrying about that. I'm glad you got out and hopefully soon things will start to look brighter :)

Marliee x

rubyrose

rubyrose

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about the negative experiences you've faced. I hope you find this forum a friendly, helpful, safe place. :)

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: optimist, like your name :)

Well done for starting to speak here about what's going on for you, I'm sorry you've been through such tough experiences. I hope you'll find this a helpful place to talk about things :peace:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Has anyone else developed anxiety & depression after taking prescribed zomorph for years for chronic pain Introduce Yourself 7
O Major depression and general anxiety Introduce Yourself 13
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
P Hi there.. post breakdown and experiencing depression, anxiety and ptsd. Introduce Yourself 25
N My name is neil. Im an ex nurse and i suffer from p t s d and sever depression. Including anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered this for 15 years a Introduce Yourself 13
L Hey I'm new here 30yr old Male UK; social anxiety, depression and specific phobia. Introduce Yourself 12
girlwiththekittytattoo I'm new and I feel damaged. CSA and drug-facilitated crime survivor with lots of anxiety, struggle with depression and looking into CPTSD and BDD.. Introduce Yourself 7
W Hello! Overthinking, insomnia, social anxiety, performance anxiety, paruresis, depression. Introduce Yourself 6
T Carer with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 19
A First time on anything like this .Been I’ll for years with depression anxiety.Hoping to be able to share with others and here there stories and coping Introduce Yourself 10
T Hello. I'm new, lonely, being treated for PTSD/Anxiety/Depression. Hoping to find a peer group who understands. Introduce Yourself 25
B Low mood, depression anxiety. Introduce Yourself 20
G Hi I’m gina, suffering from depression, anxiety and PTSD. Introduce Yourself 8
A Hi, I suffer with anxiety and depression and occasionally need to connect with someone to help me change my thoughts. Introduce Yourself 14
C New with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
S hey! uni student struggling with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 2
S Lawyer with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 12
M Im new here i have bpd, servere anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 7
D Depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Introduce Yourself 2
O Newbie - Binge Eating and Anxiety/Depression Introduce Yourself 1
S Newbie, 25y f. with anxiety and mild depression problems Introduce Yourself 14
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
A Hi There - Psychosis, Depression and Anxiety Introduce Yourself 31
C Any older people who have struggled for decades with depression, anxiety and anger? Introduce Yourself 29
R Newby- Living with someone who suffers with Anxiety and Depression Introduce Yourself 4
B Currently suffering from depression/anxiety. Introduce Yourself 5
N Anxiety/ Depression Introduce Yourself 1
J My life with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
S Anxiety/Depression. New to this forum Introduce Yourself 6
A Anxiety? Depression? Both? Im not sure... Introduce Yourself 1
J My name is Jackie I am 55years old and suffer from anxiety and depression. I feel like Im going off my head. Help x Introduce Yourself 35
S Mummy with Depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
TheEagle15 New guy with Schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and Autism Introduce Yourself 9
E ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Loneliness, and Suicidal Introduce Yourself 4
A Hi! Anxiety and Depression sufferer, slowly getting by Introduce Yourself 3
S Anxiety and Depression Introduce Yourself 6
B Help with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
C Depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 11
A adhd & anxiety/depression & dissociative episodes Introduce Yourself 3
L New member, Struggling with Anxiety, Depression and Crippling Loneliness Introduce Yourself 2
D New here. Depression ocd and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
L Hi I'm new here,I suffer from servere depression and anxiety..Need someone to talk too Introduce Yourself 7
L Is suffering from servere depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 1
A Hi peeps am diagnosed and suffering from anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 3
J Long term depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 12
J Long term depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 8
J My name is John I've suffer from depression and so suffer from anxiety and have bpd which am really struggling with finding hard to cope Introduce Yourself 10
D Hi everyone, I have depression and anxiety, maybe also DID and some features that exist in personality disorders (cluster b) Introduce Yourself 13