• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression and the dimension of time

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Cutting off painful thoughts/emotions and the dimension of time

Time is a very powerful and huge concept. It's something to appreciate and be grateful for too. It's something to take advantage of and not abuse. But time also has huge benefits in regard to mental health, how so?

People who are depressed, financially anxious or for whatever reasons can run around for years and dwell in their problems and thoughts. But take a look at the world. Look at a huge stable, robust building operating an established business running like a well oiled machine.

Buildings and stable businesses have a lot of time in it. Time was taken to build it. Time was taken to learn the necessary knowledge to establish the business. Time, sweat, tears and whatever. Year by year the place is running well and people come every day for work or whatever. The place even shelters them from storms.

So how does this relate to painful thoughts/emotions/depression? No body likes to feel them...

Well, If my neighbor gave me a gift of some nice food last week, and I've been running around today looking for food, I'm hungry and I've got thousands of thoughts running through my head what would the smart thing to do be?

Answer: GO TO WHAT IS ESTABLISHED. Time and effort was taken to give me that gift. If I am grateful I will be nourished by that gift and my painful thoughts and emotions stop immediately. I didn't need to look elsewhere as what I needed was with me.

Gratitude is a big word. When we are grateful, burdens drop from our chests. The more you go to what is established, the quicker you come out of pain. Sometimes we get in our own way though and become our own enemies.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

im in so much pain everyday it makes me angry almost all day. all the griefs i have had , all i have gone through in the last decade. the only time im at peace is when i am asleep.

P

Prycejosh1987

Gratitude is a big word. When we are grateful, burdens drop from our chests. The more you go to what is established, the quicker you come out of pain. Sometimes we get in our own way though and become our own enemies.
I like this. I would say more often than not we are our worst enemies. Once a person believes in themselves there are no limits, although in certain times we will need to be very demanding and persistent.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I like this. I would say more often than not we are our worst enemies. Once a person believes in themselves there are no limits, although in certain times we will need to be very demanding and persistent.
Yeah, I've stopped looking at pain as something negative. It's now something positive to me and by having that attitude I have only found it to help me grow. Whether it's anxiety, a doctors visit, making a mistake etc.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

im in so much pain everyday it makes me angry almost all day. all the griefs i have had , all i have gone through in the last decade. the only time im at peace is when i am asleep.
Look at a body builder, he goes through pain to get to his destination. Every time he goes through pain lifting weights, he literally grows. At the end is beautification. When we are in pain our heart wants to grow. It wants changes.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Look at a body builder, he goes through pain to get to his destination. Every time he goes through pain lifting weights, he literally grows. At the end is beautification. When we are in pain our heart wants to grow. It wants changes.
your right, so true.