Depression and Eating Disorder

E

Em.Claire

Hi, I'm new here:)

Anyone else have a major problem with depression/eating disorder? It's like they're intertwined. For me it was bulimia, and luckily I was able to beat the purging but the bingeing is still controlling my life. It's like a vicious cycle, I binge which increases my depression because I just feel so bad about myself, but then I turn to food again for comfort.

I just feel so lost and hopeless, I constantly find myself thinking, is this my life now? Is this the rest of my life? Having periods of normalness just to fall back in this pit again where I can't move and nothing has feeling and I binge not because of hunger but because it's something to do? Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life? I'm really scared.

I feel like I'm alone in this. I know comparing myself to what I see on social media and TV is unrealistic and I'm usually able to block out the images, but the thing is all my friends are super healthy and naturally skinny. I'm a teenager, and all I can think about is how this is the time when I should be the healthiest, I should be comfortable with my body the way all my friends are, I should be happy and living life the way everyone around me is.

I feel like my depression is dragging me down from enjoying being a kid, because I guess I am just a kid and I just want to be happy and carefree but instead I'm in this endless cycle of numbness.

_Nobody_

_Nobody_

Hi, I'm new here:)

Anyone else have a major problem with depression/eating disorder? It's like they're intertwined. For me it was bulimia, and luckily I was able to beat the purging but the bingeing is still controlling my life. It's like a vicious cycle, I binge which increases my depression because I just feel so bad about myself, but then I turn to food again for comfort.

I just feel so lost and hopeless, I constantly find myself thinking, is this my life now? Is this the rest of my life? Having periods of normalness just to fall back in this pit again where I can't move and nothing has feeling and I binge not because of hunger but because it's something to do? Am I stuck with this for the rest of my life? I'm really scared.

I feel like I'm alone in this. I know comparing myself to what I see on social media and TV is unrealistic and I'm usually able to block out the images, but the thing is all my friends are super healthy and naturally skinny. I'm a teenager, and all I can think about is how this is the time when I should be the healthiest, I should be comfortable with my body the way all my friends are, I should be happy and living life the way everyone around me is.

I feel like my depression is dragging me down from enjoying being a kid, because I guess I am just a kid and I just want to be happy and carefree but instead I'm in this endless cycle of numbness.
Hii, I understand what you're going through I have depression and anorexia too. I'm a teenager as well . It's not easy I get it . It's okay if you're feeling or going through this. And currently I'm suspected as having bipolar. It's great thing you shared you're feelings here try talking to your counselor cause I did too and it helped a little so don't be afraid you're beautiful ❤