• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depression and benefits

L

Lucy1975raw

hi I'm new here I'm 39 and have been on antidepressants since February due to social services taking all of my children exept my baby age 7 months, if I did not still have my baby with me I swear I would not be here he keeps me going, my two little girls are being forced adopted without my consent it's my last visit to see them next Tuesday, my doctor has upped my dose I'm now on 210 mg of lofepramine a day I get scared if I have to go out and am very anxious, I'm on income support am I eligible for dla for depression? I have Homestart once a week for emotional support but I'm getting more anxious and dreading saying goodbye to girls next week. My IPPS counsellor is on standby in case I go comletely loopy and I've had to promise doctor I won't overdose

Unique1

Unique1

I'm so sorry I can't imagine how difficult this is, it sounds like an absolutley awful thing to have to go through. Words just don't seem enough.

In respect of your benefits it sounds like you have enough on your plate, I would get some advice and see if you can get some support completing forms etc, perhaps from CAB. It all depends on personal circumstances what you are entitled to, and you could well be entitled to different or other benefits.

Welcome to the forum, it's a good place to come. I really wish you strength and support in the coming days. X

SarahD

SarahD

Hello Lucy

Just want to welcome you to the forum, it is a good place to find support and advice.

I am sorry for your devastating news about your little girls being adopted. My heart goes out to you.

Unique1 and Nikita give good advice. You should be able to get help with the benefit forms. Please try to keep yourself safe and ask for extra support if you need it.

Sarah xx