Depression and Autoimmune Diseases

Warrior

Warrior

Well since joining quite a few members already known I have MCTD (Mixed connective tissues disease) I was born with Lupus and since then gone down a slow road with more being added to the list after 9 bloods took with a Dermo and a further 12 besides body temp with my first Rheumo.
Depression can come from Lupus besides my bipolar so they're all linked besides having two strokes at 24 where I was totally paralysed for 4yrs then fought back with parents help and a lot of hard work another link to Lupus.

My list of autoimmune diseases and does anyone else have other issues linked with their depression, as it's nice to correspond with members going through a daily issue with them :grouphug:

At the moment I've got shingles the doctor says but I think it's my SCLE of the skin mimicking Shingles :doh:

Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE)
Secondary Sjogren’s syndrome
Antisynthetase Syndrome (Mechanic hands)
Raynaud's phenomenon
Scleroderma (Crest syndrome)
Antiphospholipid Syndrome (Hughes syndrome)
Peripheral neuropathy
Muscle Atrophy (myositis)
Pernicious Anemia
Strokes/DVT
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
Chronic IBS
Epilepsy/ Todd's-paralysis
Bipolar / Manic depression / OCD

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I do have meniers disease, fibro, asthma, and allergies and multiple other issues. But I don't know if any of them are autoimmune. I hope you get some relief hun. :hug:

Warrior

Warrior

I do have meniers disease, fibro, asthma, and allergies and multiple other issues. But I don't know if any of them are autoimmune. I hope you get some relief hun. :hug:
:hi: meniers disease is triggered by the autoimmunity in the body and this link says which ones can kick it off and thank you for replying :hug:
Meniere's Disease Causes - Menieres.org

Asthma definitely being genetic and fibro overlaps with autoimmune diseases regarding arthritis, that's why doctor's prefer diagnosing that for patients then running proper blood tests to see if Lupus or sjogren' syndrome is linked because Lupus fluctuates the blood and causes false readings but should never be looked as NO because your still to have blood test every 6-9mths incase Lupus shows positive at that time.

You definitely have Autoimmune genetics in your genes :love: Abby

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

You're welcome. I hope we both get some relief. :hug:

Warrior

Warrior

You're welcome. I hope we both get some relief. :hug:
Well I hope you do but with me they've totally been honest and because of it from birth the lupus plus my sister and what I've had down the years they really can't help me, I take plaquenil and methotrexate (chemo drug) and with me having so many they said I have MCTD.
I look at life like this, there's many more people out there worse off than myself and all I can do is keep going till my times up :hug: