• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression and anxiety

T

Tootz

I have no motivation and always feel tired. Don’t want to do anything but lay down. Does anybody else feel this. What do you do for strength and motivation

T

Tootz

Welcome 🙏 have you spoken to anyone about your feelings
My dr thinks it’s a lot to do with me anxiety. About a year ago I was told I had a fatty liver and prediabetic. But lose weight and change my diet and I will be good. But it seems I’m so focused on being scared of that diagnosis that my anxiety is out the roof. I’m on 100mg of Zoloft. I just want to feel normal again and enjoy life

Jolly

Jolly

I do wish you piece. Try mindfulness but this has to done every day and takes a while to get in to but it should help with anxiety

W

WanderingA

I know this feeling too well. I have depression and anxiety. I take propranolol for anxiety and that helps alot. But it's extremely hard for me to get motivated. And I struggle so bad at feeling happiness for things I know I used to love. I have children so I have to keep going I don't have a choice and I am so grateful I have that. Everyday when you don't want to do something force yourself to do it. If you've been wanting to tidy the bathroom but cannot then set a timer for half hour see how much you can get done in the half hour. If your feeling tired get changed and go for a walk even if it's a 10min walk around the block do it. I found when I forced myself to do things everything got a bit better. Don't let your anxiety and depression run your life. I used to let this happen thinking it would never get better but actually it does. For it to get better you and you alone have to do something about it. Your not going to wake up one day and magically be ok.. it takes time and self care.. but take it easy at the same time build it up over weeks. It'll be so hard at first.. I couldn't leave the house or go into shops just before covid hit but I forced myself little by little now I get anxiety but no attacks Im able to calm myself down my depression is still there but I get so many more happy days. I'm able to go into multiple shops and I go for walks. You will get through this. Seems impossible now but I promise you it's not! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

J

Julie41

My dr thinks it’s a lot to do with me anxiety. About a year ago I was told I had a fatty liver and prediabetic. But lose weight and change my diet and I will be good. But it seems I’m so focused on being scared of that diagnosis that my anxiety is out the roof. I’m on 100mg of Zoloft. I just want to feel normal again and enjoy life
Hi Tootz
I can relate to you’re problems
I have had anxiety and depression for many years
My general anxiety has now developed into Health anxiety 😥
I worry & dwell on every ailment
I too have a fatty liver and pre diabetic
Also I’m overweight & on blood pressure meds as well as anxiety meds
I think everyone on this forum wants to go back and feel “normal”again
Have you tried mindfulness- YouTube is free with lots of mindfulness meditation
also CBT can work for a lot of people
I found it helpful - it gives you the tools to divert your thoughts
I didn’t find it a cure but certainly a help
As for motivation well that eludes me at the moment too
I could quite easily sleep all day & do nothing - I have a dog so l manage to take her for a walk everyday ( don’t always want too ) but ok with letting myself down but not her
it makes you so tired - takes everything out of you ….. but having said that some days are ok… some days I want to do jobs & be in the garden - good days /weeks then another episode happens maybe just for 24 hours or a week
I never know to be honest
I think most people are the same , ups & downs
I’m sure my problem stems from overthinking- worrying about everything ( even though l can’t control them)
I do crosswords & play games on my phone to distract myself
Also grounding techniques are good to learn
Wishing you better days X