Depression and anxiety, need ppl to talk to pls

D

Denisag

Hi there,

I'm a 36 year old woman and I've been suffering from anxiety disorder and depression for 14 years now. I have been under psychiatric treatment the entire time, and been changing meds in the search of the right combination for me,. Right now, I suffer from insomnia, I have all. Kinds of stupid irrational fears at night and nobody to talk to about them (not during night time anyway). I also recently developed a fear to turn off lights at night, to be by myself, to take a shower. Has anyone experienced these crazy thoughts and fears? If so how did u deal with them?

Sammyjames97

Sammyjames97

What sort of fears do you have at night? I used to fear the paranormal and was scared of ghosts and stuff. Over time i started to think why anything would happen to me in the dark that wouldnt in the light. And also things like why isn't there many stories of people being attacked at night and hurt from spirits? One reason would be because it never happens, can talk if you need help

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Sorry to hear your troubles. I don't know any solutions but it helps me to have a night time calm space, low lights gentle music and read something peaceful. Also mindfulness and guided sleep meditation you can find lots on YouTube etc.

All that said I'm awake now and it's 2am so what do I know.

We are always here to listen.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Denisag and welcome :welcome:

Sorry that you going through rough times.
I went through the same fears in October of last year. Not fun at all. I was anxious almost the whole day for a month. Insomnia got the best of me. I went 3 days straight without sleep until I felt my body was failing.

Have you tried melatonin to help you fall sleep?? I tried many over the counter stuff but nothing worked like melatonin. It’s very safe and it’s a natural hormone that the brain releases.

Before anything else, you need to bring your anxiety down. This is what causes insomnia. I am sure you know all this stuff.

The reason you’re becoming afraid of the shower is because in the shower you focus on your thoughts and anxiety. This is how I felt. I even abandoned my studio room where I used to spend hours working on music.

The thought of being alone scares me and puts me in panic mode. If you don’t mind me asking, do you live with anyone?

Have you tried Lexapro/Escitalopram?
It helped me with my panic attacks and anxiety enormously. It killed my panic attacks completely and my anxiety isn’t bothering me for the last 1. It’s there but I can ignore it within a minute and move on.

If you need to talk, you can always message me and it will be my pleasure to help in anyway I can. I know how you feel but don’t worry. You will over come all those fears.

Peace and blessings.

D

Denisag

What sort of fears do you have at night? I used to fear the paranormal and was scared of ghosts and stuff. Over time i started to think why anything would happen to me in the dark that wouldnt in the light. And also things like why isn't there many stories of people being attacked at night and hurt from spirits? One reason would be because it never happens, can talk if you need help
Hi! Thank you for replying! I don't know exactly what I fear, I just feel extremely fearful and panicked, on more and more nights now, in the past few months especially. I just don't know what to do anymore, I should probably seek medication from a doctor, I was hoping to be able to control it without though