• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Depression acting like a fog on my brain right now. I want it to go away.

B

BitterVoid

So I was okay, then I started watching YouTube videos and eventually came to true horror story videos, it was like videos of actual serial killers what they did and other things like what people experienced etc. Im addicted to these kind of videos and it’s probably stupid that I am, because my mentality probably really is fragile.

when I watch these I definitely become kinda paranoid feeling, sad, scared, and kinda even feel like I’mcrazy just like the killers or bad people in the stories. I feel guilty when thinking about other things or doing things around me when I just listened to the stories are am as I’m doing stuff.

but anyways, I finally stopped watching, but even then I don’t feel much better. I texted my “bae” basically, it’s complicated, and he always helps with just anything he says, it instantly enlightens me and makes me feel better. Like literally if he just says hey.

then I tried looking at dog pictures and hearts etc to make me feel better and it helped a bit no doubt, but the sad feeling is kinda still there. Or was. I’m at work now and it’s less bad now, and I voice chatted with my bae, but it’s just like a fog really. I try to swat it away and get past it but it stays around.

I just maybe wanted to ask people on here, how do you fight the fog? And ignore it. The fog of depression and just sadness andthat weird displaced feeling.

2Much2Feel

Hey @BitterVoid and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful. I watch these types of things too, always have, don't really know why, as for me they make it so I can't sleep, am always sure someone broke in and is about to kill me, etc. But they do get addicting and are interesting.

That said, I don't know how to get out of brain fog, am in it right now, can't even keep up w messages on this board, for instance, just thinking too slowly. Music can help, upbeat music, a cold shower, but I am so blah right now, am of no use. But welcome :)

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @BitterVoid
I watch true crime shows too. I think a lot of people do as well. Nothing to be ashamed of or having to apologize for. I had to look up what brain fog is, and I can say that I have brain fog quite often. I read how to alleviate it, but I would lack the motivation to try.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Vante Can't really sleep my depression is acting up again Depression Forum 3
S My boyfriends depression has become worse and now he’s acting mean? Depression Forum 63
L Chronic Depression Depression Forum 6
Capt Hooke Anyone in the UK treated with Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Depression? Depression Forum 4
L Good day with depression Depression Forum 3
S Depression is boring! Depression Forum 16
R It's not working... Depression and anxiety need help Depression Forum 20
S Are people with depression more aware of our mortality? Depression Forum 10
L Depression due to abusive husband Depression Forum 4
D Depression and anger Depression Forum 2
L Acute anxiety & Moderate/Severe Depression Depression Forum 17
2 Anyone have experience with Modafinil for depression? Depression Forum 13
P Comfort in the depression Depression Forum 8
M Keeping the house tidy with depression. Depression Forum 13
D Depression meds Depression Forum 5
DyingAngel Wrong diagnosis of depression. Depression Forum 6
R Best meds for depression Depression Forum 54
M What are some questions you have when it comes to depression? Depression Forum 3
X Has anyone actually recovered from the emotional numbness part of depression Depression Forum 9
H Too depressed to get help for depression. Ironic no? Depression Forum 32
M Depression Depression Forum 48
MeAndMyDepression Has anyone tried Ritalin for depression? Depression Forum 14
B Depression with mixed features Depression Forum 1
S Can you think of any positives you've gained from your depression? Depression Forum 15
O Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems! Depression Forum 10
H Changing meds and managing depression. Help please Depression Forum 4
A Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 5
D Depression escapism Depression Forum 14
M Is your depression something you see fixable and you know the solution? Depression Forum 49
H Can someone pass away of depression & loneliness? Depression Forum 6
R Emotional neglect in infancy = depression? - Possible solution = Hypnotherapy? Depression Forum 9
O anyone experience short periods of intense depression? Depression Forum 4
M Depression all time high. Boring when sober/annoying when drunk! Depression Forum 7
L What is depression? Depression Forum 5
I Does Depression Have A Purpose? Depression Forum 11
T My sisters depression is affecting me really badly Depression Forum 8
K Depression hits again Depression Forum 3
J Has anyone else experienced this?? (Depression zaps) Depression Forum 4
queenleblanc I thought my depression was linked to my failure. I'm still depressed even though I "succeeded". Depression Forum 5
K Depression Depression Forum 7
nenexx Best song for depression! Depression Forum 2
S Lamotrigine/Lamictal for unipolar depression? Depression Forum 3
G Is it depression ? Depression Forum 3
J Depression from unemployment Depression Forum 11
A Depression and Sleep Depression Forum 8
I Depression is like a never ending thunderstorm with a drizzle of hopelessness. Depression Forum 8
L My depression has prevented fatherhood Depression Forum 4
T Anger and depression Depression Forum 3
M How long you was dealing with depression before search and join to a forum? Depression Forum 8
MeAndMyDepression Common depression themes Depression Forum 7