• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Depression— in the midst of alone time

B

butterflykisses

Has anyone else experienced this? So I’ve been depressed now for months at this point. And I feel miserable most the time. But on occasion, I spend time with my family and I kind of show them a side of me that is humorous, slightly talkative, almost like this is me “turned on”. Not manic in any way, but just what looks maybe “normal”. I don’t feel completely better, but I feel “numb” as if I’m doing what I need to do to manage my life in front of other people. But at the end of the day, when no one else is watching, I’m right back to this depressed state that feels unmanageable. When people see how depressed I am, I get a lot of backlash and people say cruel things. So I don’t let them see that anymore. But I even kind of convince myself that I’m doing well. Until I remember how I feel when no one else is around. Is this just me, or do other people experience this when depressed?

F

fluffpill

yes i am the same way. but i noticed being around people helps me a lot. fake it till you make it.