• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depressingly ugly surroundings affecting me badly

E

english rose

Are you able to post photos on here? I mean ones that I take on my camera & then upload to my pc. There are no words to describe this & how it's affecting me. You see I live above a shop, there is a narrow road & a footpath that connect one main road to another at the back, people use them to make a short cut; maybe it's because the area is already ugly ie with scaffolding & windows with bars & those refrigeration unit things, people seem to think they've got the right to dump stuff there, anything from televisions to banana skins (and other food waste) - oh & used nappies :eek:. Given how 'on edge' I feel at the moment - if I caught them in the act then I believe I would be violent towards them.

R

Rose19602

Surroundings can affect you badly....especially if they are enclosed, barred and left in a disgusting condition.

I can relate to how that must feel for you.

Is there anywhere "green" you can escape to during the day or somewhere you can go to get away from it all periodically.

Flowers, newly painted walls in a pretty colour (if allowed?) and scented candles might help distract you if you're sensitive to these things.....budget permitting of course?

Hope you start feeling a little better.
xxx

E

english rose

Surroundings can affect you badly....especially if they are enclosed, barred and left in a disgusting condition.

I can relate to how that must feel for you.

Is there anywhere "green" you can escape to during the day or somewhere you can go to get away from it all periodically.

Flowers, newly painted walls in a pretty colour (if allowed?) and scented candles might help distract you if you're sensitive to these things.....budget permitting of course?

Hope you start feeling a little better.
xxx
Oh yes there is 500 acres of 'countryside' a 15 minute walk away & I take my dog there a couple of times a week, it's lovely; infact the area where I live is nice (although there are loads of new homes being built which I'm not happy about, especially as I can't get any of them - even the social ones for rent, with all these extra people....), it's just the immediate vicinity of my flat which I obviously have to look at as soon as I open my door in the morning to let my dog out to do a wee, & have to go through to get to anywhere else. It's also the mentality of people thinking that this small area doesn't matter & so they can just dump all manner of stuff here - it's like they're saying to me you don't matter. My budget is low & so are my energy levels - very low indeed.

katya

katya

That's terrible.

Do you know what I'd do? I'd make a sign reminding people that someone actually lives there, and that, when they dump their stuff, they're basically dumping it on your front door.

I also second MissKitty's advice - try to get out as much as possible.

Is there any possibility of you moving out of there soon?

E

english rose

That's terrible.

Do you know what I'd do? I'd make a sign reminding people that someone actually lives there, and that, when they dump their stuff, they're basically dumping it on your front door.

I also second MissKitty's advice - try to get out as much as possible.

Is there any possibility of you moving out of there soon?
I'm on housing benefit & have pets - this means only the dregs of the rental sector are available to me, I'm not eligible for social housing.

Making a sign is a good idea - but I'd have to buy materials for it & the DWP have taken £51 per week off me & I've spent the last 4 months going through the appeals process, plus I barely have the energy to do the most basic of stuff relating to personal hygiene & household chores - so making signs is a bit out of my league.

katya

katya

Awww, shit. Dude, I'd make you a sign. But I don't want to ask you for your address over the internet, because that's incredibly weird.

katya

katya

Brainwave! Could you ring your council and tell them there's a litter problem in the area? It is sort of their job to sort it out. :)

E

english rose

Brainwave! Could you ring your council and tell them there's a litter problem in the area? It is sort of their job to sort it out. :)
Despite the area being council owned, they try to wriggle out of responsibility by saying it's privately owned, they eventually clear mess up - but more soon appears.