• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Depressed

S

sisterlocks

I've been depressed for so long I can't remember feeling any other emotion besides the emotions associated with my depression. I can't stand having this label. I tried to take my life when I was 16 - 19 years of age. I thought finally I beat this. Suicidal thoughts least. Last year at the age of 34, all I could think of was death. Things were going okay in my life. So I thought. In July, I took pills to take my life, was involuntarily committed to a psychiatric institution. Now all I can think of is, why didn't I succeed? Why can't I get that right? It's hard for me to think of a reason to live. I won't try to kill myself again for fear of getting involuntarily committed again. The thoughts won't stop haunting me. It won't stop. It just won't ... I have had a therapist and a psychiatrist since July, however, I haven't felt that any relief. Thank you.

Last edited:
KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi it can take ages to get the right combination of treatment. I have given up believing in getting well completely but things can get better and I have taken several o'ds in the past and ended up in hospital.
Keep persevering.
Take care
KP

M

missscorpio

Letting go of depression

I’m so glad I found this topic.

I wondered if I could get peoples’ ideas on depression and also art as a self help therapy? For example:
People need meaning and purpose in life and also some form of understanding of what goes on, - (a need for grounding) depression is the most commonly experienced mental health problem and I wonder if anyone as ever considered using art to release what goes on in the back of our minds? Even finding something spiritual and meaningful in life can help us get by.. for example meditation, tarot, angels, singing, writing etc . when I think about my own personal experiences of feeling lonely, depressed or frustrated I have always found something very healing about having my tarot read or by confiding in a psychic, there is something so uplifting about it. Perhaps it’s just the idea of handing my problems over to someone else and putting all my cards on the table or just knowing that there has to be a higher force that is guiding me through other people.

I think a lot of depression stems from clouded thoughts and often we just need to find away to clear out all that tension and frustration. Does anyone focus on their charkas for example? Or do Reiki? If so , I would be so grateful to hear of your experiences and how being creative or spiritual helps you mentally.
What do we think people?

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I was a professional writer. It was the stress of that that made me ill!

S

sisterlocks

Hi it can take ages to get the right combination of treatment. I have given up believing in getting well completely but things can get better and I have taken several o'ds in the past and ended up in hospital.
Keep persevering.
Take care
KP
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

S

sisterlocks

I was a professional writer. It was the stress of that that made me ill!
I agree with you. I'm not a professional writer, however, I love to write. When I would attempt to write about my depression, the act of writing would exacerbate the depression. I gave up writing. I really miss it. Thank you.