• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

depressed

B

Bod

Former member
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

Lilly776

Lilly776

Former member
after the abuse I feel traumatised and can't seem to be happy.

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
@Lilly776

I love your kitten avatar. Is that your kitten? I have two cats and they pull me through the days. A routine is very helpful is keeping us going isn't it.

I'm sorry you have been through so many sad things. Are there also some good memories?

Life is hard but it gets easier as time goes on. The clock keeps ticking, days on the calender get ticked off and before you know it it is Christmas (again) and your birthday (again). It goes so fast!

Is life stressful at the moment? I find i can cope with life, as long as nothing major goes wrong. I need to keep everything organised, avoid stress, keep in control, and also have lots and lots of rest. Walking in the forest, to the shop, it blows the cobwebs away. Nature is healing and comforting isn't it. Water too.

Be very kind to yourself
Be very gentle with yourself
Have sympathy for yourself and congratulate yourself for getting through the days despite everything you have had to deal with.

Lilly776

Lilly776

Former member
@Lilly776

I love your kitten avatar. Is that your kitten? I have two cats and they pull me through the days. A routine is very helpful is keeping us going isn't it.

I'm sorry you have been through so many sad things. Are there also some good memories?

Life is hard but it gets easier as time goes on. The clock keeps ticking, days on the calender get ticked off and before you know it it is Christmas (again) and your birthday (again). It goes so fast!

Is life stressful at the moment? I find i can cope with life, as long as nothing major goes wrong. I need to keep everything organised, avoid stress, keep in control, and also have lots and lots of rest. Walking in the forest, to the shop, it blows the cobwebs away. Nature is healing and comforting isn't it. Water too.

Be very kind to yourself
Be very gentle with yourself
Have sympathy for yourself and congratulate yourself for getting through the days despite everything you have had to deal with.
Hey,

It is, I have chemo starting on Monday so worried. It is actually my daughters kitten Luna funny enough. you okay?

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
Hey,

It is, I have chemo starting on Monday so worried. It is actually my daughters kitten Luna funny enough. you okay?

That's so sweet.

I'm ok thanks. I just had a bath with lavender oil and my kitten sat on the edge watching. :)

From watching relatives, you might be tired and feel sick but they give you tablets to help with side effects now so it isn't as gruelling as it was many years ago. Still hard going though.

They have massage chairs here and people often sleep through it.

Do you have help with your daughter and chores?