• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

depressed

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi i feel like eveything is getting on top of me
i cried in front of my care co today
she wouldnt let me leave until i had calmed down
i feel like im suffocating because of trying to find a new place to live and its doing my head in keep comimg 1/5 than get told the place is void because there dojng work on it if i stay at my parents ill go back to band c becuase ill of found somewhere to live even if its just on their floor gah:confused:

EddieH

EddieH

Sorry you sound like you are struggling mandy. Finding accommodation is pretty stressful when you are well, must be really tough for you. When i lost my job I was using credit cards to pay credit cards to pay the rent. Was a right mess. I am back with the folks now, they didn't want me back but I was pretty desperate. Im not up with what band c is, im in Australia. I gather that is no good. Public housing is near impossible to get here, ive given up on the idea. Hope some one local in uk has some ideas. Hang in there

EddieH

EddieH

sorry mandy, I wish I was able to help you.. Dont know the system over there at all. Hope you keep discussing things here , there are some really helpful people around. Bound to be someone with some ideas

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for replying I'm band b because I'm moving on from supported housing
But if I go home I'll get bumped back to c
So essentially I'm better off being homeless
Than having somewhere to live
Which is why I'm so down x

EddieH

EddieH

Always around for chat on my thread in chillout. Pretty nice crew down there if you need some brightening up. Will try to take your mind off your worries if we can. We try to have a laugh on the thread and a bit of banter. Bed time for me now. Hopefully chat tomorrow

EddieH

EddieH

I will introduce you to all the crew, hang out with us later. Met some great people there lately. I'm on a mission to get to know as many members as I can. Having a great time meeting new friends. Going to get you smiling

Q

Quietman5

Does anyone use booze to escape reality? My Wife is worried about my drinking but I just can’t explain to her that alcohol helps me forget about the world of hell within me. I actually have a good life but unfortunately my inner self is at odds with this good life and I am struggling. I find myself thinking about committing suicide . My wife is away for five days and 5his presents a great opportunity for me.

EddieH

EddieH

Whats going on @Quietman5 I don't like the sound of that pal. Do you think you can ring someone to talk about. I'm trying to quit drinking at the moment I have a thread if you want to try with me it is a terrible problem, come and talk about it. Going to give you some links mate. I was pretty low last week and nearly rang one myself, best to talk to some one

Please tell a friend, a family member or someone from an organisation like the Samaritans about the issues you are experiencing. If you are in the UK or ROI the Samaritans can be called for free on 116 123. If you are in the USA the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be contacted on 1-800-273-8255
or suicidepreventionlifeline.org In the USA and Canada 211 is a number you can use to access information about social services.

In other countries you can find similar services by looking at the Befrienders Worldwide Website at Befrienders Worldwide | Emotional support to prevent suicide worldwide

Our web page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Take care
EddieH

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi I used to drink but it done me no favours at all
Try one of the nos Eddie h has recommended as I'm not qualified in this sort of problem all the best x

jajingna

jajingna

I actually have a good life ... I find myself thinking about committing suicide .
This is scary and confusing. If your life is good, why do you think about ending it? Does anybody know you think this way? Like Eddie says, talk to someone if these thoughts are persistent.

Q

Quietman5

Thats great news. Hope it all works out for you